pyro 240GB dead
Hi, i seemed to have issues with my drive. i got this around march this year.
lately I've been getting quite a few BSOD and this morning my computer(laptop) failed to detect an OS on it and BIOS reported it with 0GB so i plugged it into another computer to see whats happening to it and it still reports as 0GB. so i pluged the drive back into my laptop and it somewhat booted again and crashed immediately. it is also crashing at disc scans and now bios refuse to detect it stating no drive and the same message repeats itself on other computers
Last edited by akromatic; 07-21-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Could you try updating the firmware for your SSD? You can find the firmware here: http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/getDriversp.jsp
Originally Posted by akromatic
Can you also make sure of the following?
* Make sure you have the latest BIOS
* Make sure you have the latest SATA drivers and support SSD's
* Make sure you have the latest Chipset drivers that support SSD's
* Enable or switch to "AHCI mode" - in the BIOS.
* Set to "SATA IDE Compatibility" mode (not "Enhanced") - in the BIOS.
* Another SATA port off the motherboard
* Another SATA cable or power cable