Dual red LEDs stay on - drive not working
My Patriot Convoy XL device stopped working suddenly when I booted up my computer on Monday, June 11, 2012. When I connect the device to my computer (via usb, sata, or esata), the middle green LED turns on for a few seconds, then approximatley six seconds later a sound clicks, then the dual red LEDs turn on and never turn back off.
I have tried the following resolutions and failed to solve my issue:
- Changed the RAID type from RAID 1 to all others, both LEDs still red.
- Powered from different computers, both LEDs still red.
- Took the hard drives out and installed two other working hard drives, both LEDs still red.
- Tried installing only one hard drive, both LEDs still red.
- powered on device with no drives inside, both LEDs still red
- Took out the hard drives, installed then in another properly Patriot Convoy XL, and the hard drives worked fine.
I bought another drive yesterday, and today, the same thing happened! It worked fine for a few hours and then today it stopped working when I unplugged it from my desktop to and plugged it into my laptop . The two red LEDs come on and stay on. I took out the hard drives and put them in another patriot drive (I have several) and the hard drives worked just fine.
So now I have two non-working Patriot Convoys XL (one new and one older).
I opened a support ticket last week, and no one has answered me. Please help me! Thank you.
Tags for this Thread