128GB SSD drive Torqx2 installation on Toshiba Portege M405-S8003 laptop
I replaced my original HDD with the SSD as instructed, but it doesn't seem to have been detected by the BIOS. My old HDD crashed so this would be a brand new installation. When I try to install the OS - it sees no drive available to install. Please help! How to make my system sees it? Any jumper/configurations to configure?
steps I did:
- remove batt/disconnect power
- remove old drive from computer
- remove old drive from bracket
- install new SSD onto bracket
- connect and secure SSD into computer
- connect power and battery
- start up computer
- F1 to access Bios for verification and seems to not recognize
- try to proceed with Windows Vista installation anyway
- Windows installation cannot see drive
Thank you in advance for any help from forum.
All I can suggest is to double check all your connections are all in good and solid for the hard drive.
On my DV5, it will malfunction if the SATA cable is not securely pushed into the motherboard.
If the BIOS cannot see the drive, then windows likely won't either.
Tags for this Thread