Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ASUS HD2 With MOS For PBO

- FTP - ftp://x.x.x.x - the anonymous logon, the available directory is /tmp/usbmounts, in which are mounted connected internal HDD and connected external drives;
    ftp://root@x.x.x.x - the administrative "root" logon. Home directory - the / (root).

WIFI- put any USB flash (or USB Hub) to another USB port - WiFi must work.

fw upgrade- must work with any PBO_AMP, Official and Semi-Official firmware. Another way- use soft-reset
    http://pborus.hostzi.com/English/ - English Page of Russian non-oficial PBO support

bizonUa, thanks for your support
    in the meantime I screwed up remote - accidentally chose in the menu to disable irfake. and I couldn't bring it back to life - tried to reinstall irfake from within WWW, but no luck. just in case - what should I do - surely there are codes for PBO, but also for some other devices

I managed to escape this situation through telnet by issuing "echo " " | dd of=/dev/mtdblock/0 bs=2048 seek=8192
    reboot" and flashing hd2 modded fw

Do not disable irfake, remote is not work.
    If between quotation marks was 8 spaces, insert the Fat32 freshly formatted flash drive with Your chosen firmware and everything should be OK.
    Otherwise, only the hard-reset (SW3) or command erase-m through the console will help You
    Last edited by bizonUa; 05-30-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    http://pborus.hostzi.com/English/ - English Page of Russian non-oficial PBO support

Quote Originally Posted by bizonUa View Post
    Do not disable irfake, remote is not work.
    If between quotation marks was 8 spaces, insert the Fat32 freshly formatted flash drive with Your chosen firmware and everything should be OK.
    Otherwise, only the hard-reset (SW3) or command erase-m through the console will help You
    as I wrote - I managed to force fw upgrade via telnet
    tried to play with hd2 version but problems arise:
    - the device keeps restarting several times when turning on after power off/on (not standby, complete power off)
    - it doesn't recognize my hard drive today (I was able to find it via telnet somewhere in /tmp yesterday evening, today not anymore) = no way to use samba nor ftp
    - no shoutcast works over rssex ("can't play media file")

I can only see movies from my network drive, so something is working at least. but surely go back to playon/unixstorm fw as this one is hardly usable. will wait for future releases though

Quote Originally Posted by adamuadamu View Post
    as I wrote - I managed to force fw upgrade via telnet
    tried to play with hd2 version but problems arise:
    - the device keeps restarting several times when turning on after power off/on (not standby, complete power off)
    - it doesn't recognize my hard drive today (I was able to find it via telnet somewhere in /tmp yesterday evening, today not anymore) = no way to use samba nor ftp
    - no shoutcast works over rssex ("can't play media file")

I can only see movies from my network drive, so something is working at least. but surely go back to playon/unixstorm fw as this one is hardly usable. will wait for future releases though
    I'm using this ASUS firmware(amp_r7_hd2 with MOS3) during last 3days and so far very satisfied. For me it's lighweight, stable and simple.
    This is the way how I had reflashed :
    - use serial cable(CA-42) - Aasoror's method
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...er-666-Seconds

- remove HDD before reflashing
    - delete all partitions on HDD before inserting it back to PBO
    - then format HDD from PBO' menu (by remote control)

Then enable all necessary MOS3 services (access to MOS3 : Your_PBO_IP_address ) - samba, vFtp, mounts, swap on drive e.t.c what you need
    Almost everything could be adjustable from MOS3 and works
    I had installed also Snappy46's Simple RSS Jukebox on this fw - without any problem - just one additional action was needed (give executable rights to script jukebox_update.sh - by entering "chmod +x jukebox_update.sh" )
    Just one problem - most of On-Line services and RSS Feeds are for russian auditory, excluding the famous YouTube

the system tries to stop all running services (processes) before shutting down (falling asleep), respectively, when turned on (Wake up) launches them. When an abnormal the end/start of the process may restart.

About "recognize hard drive"- Mos-module System Status will help in the diagnosis of problems (or Telnet commands fdisk,dmesg,mount,...). If ata successfully started and check of HDD is OK - Mos-module Remount Drives help you.
    If ata is not started - try to unplug all attached USB devices and restart ( the problem may be in insufficient capacity of the power supply, since the device with this firmware consumes a little more energy)

about shoutcast problem- check source media other way - the other player/service or computer

Quote Originally Posted by jurijz View Post
    Just one problem - most of On-Line services and RSS Feeds are for russian auditory, excluding the famous YouTube
    set up Localization in YouTube settings, RSS Ex is not only for Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by bizonUa View Post
    set up Localization in YouTube settings, RSS Ex is not only for Russians.
    Yes, you're right - RSS Ex can be adjustable for another localization, not only RU

To Wishing install OPTWARE with pre-installed MC (Midnight Commander)

The method works on the PBO_AMP-firmwares, where there is a directory /opt in the root, on the

other similar firmware in the absence of the folder /opt in the root - create it.

Requirement - the presence of an Ext3 partition on the HDD. If the Ext3 partition is not present,

create it. If Ext3 partitions are a few, OPTWARE will be installed on the first recognized.

startup script - /usr/local/etc/rc.init/S11optware ( will be written in the rcS, if there is

already no start rc.start or rc.wakeup ).

INSTALL:
    1. through Telnet -

cd /tmp
    wget http://www.moservices.org/patches/install_opt
    chmod +x install_opt
    ./install_opt

2. reboot

REMOVE:
    1. through Telnet -

/usr/local/etc/rc.init/S11optware stop
    /usr/local/etc/rc.init/S11optware disable
    rm -f /usr/local/etc/rc.init/S11optware

2. Delete folder /optware in EXT3 partition .
    Last edited by bizonUa; 06-02-2012 at 03:46 PM.

I recommend a good program for Windows - AsusOPlay StreamManager, which works perfectly with

PBO_AMP_r8 firmware (HD2 and PlayOnHD skins), which allows you to create/edit/manage playlists (IPTV and Web Radio), adds

according to Your desire, subfolders in the menu IPTV (generated by the program in the ONLINE

-Media menu), services Wilmaa, YouTube, German News (ARD and ZDF Nachrichten), XXX in the ONLINE

-Media menu, can work with 5 PBO in Your network, can access many of the important commands

MosService and much more... Home Page
    Last edited by bizonUa; 10-19-2012 at 06:53 PM.