The new GBT 990FX Series Bios incl. the new AMD SATA AHCi ROM v3.0.C.5 will speed up your Patriot SSD to the optimum. I have Test and Reviewed, Links and Infos inside this Post.
The problem is the Taiwan/Worldwide GBT Bios´es use the old bugy 2009 AMD AHCi ROM build v3.07, Bugs: massive Bootdelay and NO support for the SB900 proof it in the AMD changelog (AHCi)(Read the AMD Changelog for detailed information/bugs)
I hope so, i can Help all the Users that have a Patriot SSD on a Gigabyte Mainboard, that have a 990FX Series GBT Boards and a big THX for the nice support from Mister Alvarez (Patriot Tech), best regards Sir!
The new firmware v502
It works very Stable, abselutly no Problems so far.
The access times are now Great. the Firmware v332 was in this discipline lame like a Snail, but now the FW v5.02 are very very better.
R/W Times goes down from 0,500ms to 0,150ms! The other Transfers (MB/s) are better too! (ASSD Bench, no ATTO crap)
So i can only say positive over this new Patriot FW.
Now to the addressed extra the Gigabyte Preview RC Bios´es and Informations
Gigabyte made some new AMD SATA AHCi ROMs/Bios for the 990FX Series. (GBT original RC-Bios, NO MODS!)
AMD SATA AHCi Versions Changelog:
List of all* Supported Mainboards include the new AHCi ROM in the Bios (*sofar):2011/01/27
File Name : AMD_AHCI_3.0.0Ch.0077.zip
1. Decreased the Option ROM allocated Conventional memory size.
File Name : AMD_AHCI_3.0.C.1.zip
1. Removed port message information.
File Name : AMD_AHCI_3.0.C.0.zip
1. Fixed that the AHCI option ROM don't free memory that allocated by PMM services.
2. Fixed that the WIN98 ODD can't boot in image.
3. Fixed that Hitachi drive with DIPM Enabled not detect with AMD AHCI Rom.
File Name : AMD_AHCI_3.0.B.zip
1. Added the forth version number.
2. Update some of codes for matching the newest MASM complier and Watcom C complier.
3. Fixed FreeDos Version 2039 can't boot in image.
4. Fixed FreeDOs Version 2036 can't boot in image.
File Name : AMD_AHCI_3.0.A.zip
1. Add Delay feature for special use.
OFFSET 0x50 BIT = 1, delay 1 sec after oprom display the information.
0, no delay (default)
2. Fixed Freedos can't boot in image.
3. Fixed in SB700 long time detection device.
File Name : AMD_AHCI_3.0.9.zip
1. Add Display Port Information
orginal only show Device ModelNumber, now add port information in BBS table.
EX: Port:0-WD 1600YD - Port 0 plug-in HDD:WD1600YD
PM:1/2-WD 1600YD - Port 1 is a Port Multiplier(PM), and PM Port 2 plug-in HDD:WD1600YD
File Name : AMD_AHCI_3.0.8.zip
1. Change AHCI.BIN as SB800.BIN for support SB800/SB700
2. First Support SB900 (file SB900.bin).
3. Fixed Install RedHat 6 fail.
4. Improve boot speed by OEM/ODM/AMD AHCIMOD Tool
OFFSET 0x50 BIT = 1, support PM feature (default)
0, don't support PM feature
OFFSET 0x50 BIT = 1, execute enable S.M.A.R.T command (default)
0, don't execute S.M.A.R.T command
OFFSET 0x50 BIT = 1, display AMD AHCI oprom infomations (default)
0, don't display AMD AHCI oprom informations
1. Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3 v1.0
GA990FXA-UD3 v1.0 Bios F6K
2. Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD5
GA990FXA-UD5 Bios F7J
3. Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD7
GA990FXA-UD7 Bios F8M
4. Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD3 v1.2
GA990FXA-UD3 v1.2 Bios FCJ
5. Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 v1.1
GA-990XA-UD3 v1.1 Bios F10K
6. Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
GA-970A-UD3 Bios F5i
and one 800
7. Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H v2.x
880GMA-UD2H v2.x Bios F6F
Links to the special RC-Bios´es* include the newst AMD SATA AHCi ROM v3.0.C.5 other is 1to1 same like the actual Taiwan Final/Beta(*GBT Germany Builds, not Taiwan/Worldwide, they have now the old lame v3.07. No SB900 Support/BAD AHCi performance!)
Link 990FX Boards* (Complete 990 Series):
Planet3D AMD Magazine all 990 RC Bioslinks
Link 890FX Boards* (Only available Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H v2.x):
Planet3D AMD Magazine RC 880 Bioslink
*Click to the Link from your Board, it will be linked you to Onlinedisk.ru a Free Filehoster i used. Type in the capcha and Download the RC-Biosfile. Bios update use the usual way. Detailed Biosupdate FAQ you find in English on the Gigabyte Website (Biosupdates are potential risky but GBT Mainboards have the Dualbios so i think it´s always easy)
My Reviews/Tests from the Patriot Pyro SE 60GB including AMD SATA v3.0.C.5:
My Test Pyro+AMD AHCi v3.0.C.5 - Official Gigabyte Support Forum
The RC Bioses are Stable, i have them run´ing about 2 months, no problems ever.
Other Users, say´s the same, all good!
THX to GBT Germany for the Support! THX to Patriot Memory especially Mr. Alvarez
Sorry for the poor English in this Post, but i think+hope, i can help some and made your Patriot SSD on GBT Mainboard better and faster.
Greetz from eastside Germany