Thread: Pyro 60gb iMac slow speeds.

Default Pyro 60gb iMac slow speeds.

I recently bought a pyro 60gb sata 3 and installed in an iMac 2011 sata 3 ready. When I made the test it only shown me less than 200mb on both read and write. Can someone could help me?
    Last edited by Gab0.1992; 05-07-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Hello,

Try applying the latest EFI updates. What are you using to verify the speeds? Try Quickbench or Black Magic.

Quickbench: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...nload-242.html

Black Magic: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/black...25264550?mt=12

I'm using black magic and the EFi is up to date and stills the read and write up to 112 only. I'll post you some pics.
    Last edited by Gab0.1992; 05-18-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Hmmm... can you run a test with quickbench? Please advise what you are getting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Hmmm... can you run a test with quickbench? Please advise what you are getting for this.

Hello,

How is the drive connected to the system? Is it connected directly? Is the Pyro drive the boot drive? Can you try disconnecting the other drive just to double-check.

The numbers do seem a bit low. However, our 60GB drives have less chips and could yield less performance than the higher capacity drives. Furthermore, it looks like you have half the capacity filled which could also affect performance.

Can you try this 3rd party trim enabler?
    http://www.groths.org/?p=308

Afterwards let the system idle so that Garbage Collection will run its course to see if the performance goes up. Please advise.

I can't disconnect both of them because they are inside my iMac. The pyro is the boot drive and when I installed from a clean lion install the first thing I did was a speed test. I bought it to obtain the sata 3 performance and your specifications shown me that no matter what size of ssd are, all of them actually has the same performance about 500mbs and mine are just showing a third of it like 100 or less sometimes. I already installed a trim and its are enabled right now. I know that with the half capacity of the drive, it decrease but not for decrease almost at all like a HDD.

For you first question, the drive is connected inside with a sata 3 data cable in the logic board spare sata 3 port.

The only thing that is not right is that the dive firmware is not updated. But I read that it doesn't matter in the performance.
    Last edited by Gab0.1992; 05-24-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Can you disconnect the other drive and test with only the Pyro to avoid any discrepancies?

Is there anyway you can test the drive in another Sata III computer to verify?

(Sorry if this sounds like a hassle, just trying to get to the bottom of what the issue could be)

If possible, try updating the firmware to 5.0.2 to see if this helps.

Can you also try an SMC/PRAM reset? See if this helps.