Thread: New owner to a bare bones kit from tiger direct BIG PROBLEMS WITH FREEZING - HELP

Default New owner to a bare bones kit from tiger direct BIG PROBLEMS WITH FREEZING - HELP

Recently purchased a bare bones kit and am experiencing random freezing whether right at start up or even after hours of use. Have already had the motherboard and the processor replaced by Tiger direct and am having Patriot send a new hard drive....but already tried a different friend's hard drive that was good and still had the problem. Any thoughts on my problem?

Hello,

Can you me your complete system specs? Do you have all of your drivers installed? Does the system just freeze or are there any error codes?

Patriot Memory DDR3, G2 series, 4GB
    Dynex 520Watt atx power supply
    Motherboard ASUS M4A88T-M (integrated graphics)
    AMD Phenom 2 processor

I think I have all drivers installed. May need guidance if you have info. on trouble shooting that.

No pop-ups or error messages. Screen freezes and the only out is by shutting down. It has also frozen in 'safe' mode and during boot up and BIOS.

Hello,

Thanks for providing the info. To further troubleshoot the memory, can you try testing using memtest?

Memtest can be found here: http://www.memtest.org/
    6-8 Loops should be fine. Please let me know if you find any errors.