Thread: Compatibility with Z77 motherboards?

Question Compatibility with Z77 motherboards?

so I noticed Asus used your memory in this video about the Sabertooth Z77.

you don't have any information about Z77 compatibility and Asus don't have a memory list for the Sabertooth Z77 yet, but they do have one for the P8Z77-V PRO here and it includes the Patriot PXD38G1866ELK

1- do you think it's ok to order 2xPXD38G1866ELK kits for 16GB with the Sabertooth Z77?

2- I know you only guarantee specs for 1 kit, but do you think 2 kits will work at the rated specs for 1 or I may have to downclock them to 1600?

3- are the other Viper Xtreme Series, Division 2 Edition kits compatible with Z77?

4- I know 1.65v is ok, but there is alot of brands that can do 2133mhz with only 1.5v, not to mention that 30nm Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US. so are you planing to release new models anytime soon?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by st08f View Post
    so I noticed Asus used your memory in this video about the Sabertooth Z77.

you don't have any information about Z77 compatibility and Asus don't have a memory list for the Sabertooth Z77 yet, but they do have one for the P8Z77-V PRO here and it includes the Patriot PXD38G1866ELK

1- do you think it's ok to order 2xPXD38G1866ELK kits for 16GB with the Sabertooth Z77?

2- I know you only guarantee specs for 1 kit, but do you think 2 kits will work at the rated specs for 1 or I may have to downclock them to 1600?

3- are the other Viper Xtreme Series, Division 2 Edition kits compatible with Z77?

4- I know 1.65v is ok, but there is alot of brands that can do 2133mhz with only 1.5v, not to mention that 30nm Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US. so are you planing to release new models anytime soon?

thanks
    Hello,

Technically our PXD is designed for Sandybridge but In general, the Z77 is pretty easy to overclock. With that being said, you should be ok running 2 kits but you are correct. Because the speeds are only tested and guaranteed per kit, the worse case scenario, you may need to downclock it to 1600.

Otherwise, we would recommend our Division 4 lines, which is designed specifically for Z77/X79:
    http://patriotmemory.com/products/gr...ition&catid=34

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Hello,

Otherwise, we would recommend our Division 4 lines, which is designed specifically for Z77/X79:
    http://patriotmemory.com/products/gr...ition&catid=34
    why does it say Only compatible with X79 chipsets in your site and newegg about the Division 4?
    this is why I was scared to order the PXQ316G1866ELQK

thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by st08f View Post
    why does it say Only compatible with X79 chipsets in your site and newegg about the Division 4?
    this is why I was scared to order the PXQ316G1866ELQK

thanks alot
    Hey st08f,

We have memory designed for Intel's 5, 6, and 7 Series respectively.

Technically Division 4 is for Intel's 7 series family platform (Z77/X79). The platforms are similar enough but different then our Sector 5, which is geared for P55/H55, or our Division 2, which is geared for P67/H67.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my issue is related.

I noticed this thread a month ago and went ahead and ordered the Division 4 (PXQ316G1600LLQK) set for my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H & Core i5 3550 (Ivy Bridge). I have had four (4) random BSODs (Win 7 64-bit) to date. I ran Memtest86 on it for about two days this past weekend, and it showed 7 errors around the 8.2 to 8.3 GB area.

Should I RMA the memory, or is there something else I should try? Would this chipset/memory combination cause an issue?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by nitefly; 07-30-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitefly View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my issue is related.

I noticed this thread a month ago and went ahead and ordered the Division 4 (PXQ316G1600LLQK) set for my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H & Core i5 3550 (Ivy Bridge). I have had four (4) random BSODs (Win 7 64-bit) to date. I ran Memtest86 on it for about two days this past weekend, and it showed 7 errors around the 8.2 to 8.3 GB area.

Should I RMA the memory, or is there something else I should try? Would this chipset/memory combination cause an issue?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi nitefly,

For the most part memtest should be pretty conclusive that the memory is defective.

Is your motherboard running the latest bios?

No. Would you recommend I flash to the latest and run for some time to see if the helps, before requesting and RMA?

Quote Originally Posted by nitefly View Post
    No. Would you recommend I flash to the latest and run for some time to see if the helps, before requesting and RMA?
    Hello nitefly,

Yes, in some cases a bios flash can help, especially if there aren't tons of errors.

Let me know how it goes.

I just flashed to F8 and will run it a few days to see what happens.

Thanks!