Thread: Firmware 5.0.2

Default Firmware 5.0.2

So, firmware 5.0.2 was released. Who tried it already?

I have Pyro and have problems with waking SSD from with my mac, so hope, that this will help.

Yesterday i got a BSOD after 1 month runing without problem whit my wildfire 120GB and the 3.3.2 firmeware. i Thing the BSOD occur when the computer go into sleep mode (only for the monitor) Now i see the new 5.0.2. I try flash whit this one!

This is the BSOD code i got,

Signature du problème*:
    Nom d’événement de problème: BlueScreen
    Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 4108

Informations supplémentaires sur le problème*:
    BCCode: f4
    BCP1: 0000000000000003
    BCP2: FFFFFA8013220060
    BCP3: FFFFFA8013220340
    BCP4: FFFFF800037E3660
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

I've flashed 5.0.2 to my 60gig pyro yesterday.

All running fine right now.

I got another BSOD. Intel rapid storage entreprise crash down and i get the blue screen. Whit the new 5.0.2 firmeware -_- -_- Is better for me do the damn RMA

Default also...

I have a 60GB Pyro, brand new, came with 3.3.2. I applied the 5.0.2 successfully, but the rescan always shows 3.3.2 still - as if it didn't actually 'take'. I saw someone else mention that in a different thread, and I did what they recommended, which was shut down, wait, and reboot - but still no dice. I have it connected to a JMB363 JMicron mobo header, and am getting absolutely horrid speed - I'm starting to wonder if that header is absolute crapola. I have it set to AHCI in mobo BIOS, and have tried the download drivers from the JMicron website, and those were actually worse. I reverted back to the Standard ACHI 1.0 drivers, and at least the drive is recognized by the flash utility again.

Am I best to connect this drive to one of the more reliable Intel headers? Or should this work on the JMicron ok? Cause right now, it is crap, at about 100MB/sec read/write.

Want to add that I think using those Intel headers must be fine, I should probably make space, because I have OWC SSD's on them, and those SSD's absolutely kick ass on them.

Should I bail on the JMicron header?

thanks.
    Last edited by appdevman; 05-26-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Add note about OWC's

Your holding it wrong. It goes on the intel SATA port. That's where the SSD lives.

Quote Originally Posted by canthearu View Post
    Your holding it wrong. It goes on the intel SATA port. That's where the SSD lives.
    Understood, thx for the confirmation. Looks like that JMicron is only good for optical drives and utility then, fair enough. I had a gut feeling, but was hoping otherwise.

Cheers.

Hello, recently, i bought a pyro PP60GS25SSDR, and I tryed downloading the firmware 5.0.2, and i tryed updating but it would only freeze. please help!!! !!

I think it was like this because the download said, WF_Pyro_PSE_5_0_2.zip I think the PSE is the thing wrong with it thanks!!.....

Are you in AHCI mode? Please make sure that the drive is in AHCI.

Try switching sata ports as well to see if this helps.

Same here on Macbook Pro. Update appears to be working showing the check mark but it does not reboot. Rescan shows same Firmware even after reboot. I would assume it does not matter that my windows partition is not the first partiion on the disk? I guess it just another incompatibility between Patriot SSD and Macbook Pro.