Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AV out port not working

Default AV out port not working

Just got my PBO home and pluged it into my bedroom TV useing the AV out and all I get is a staticy line that rolls on the TV. Took ti downstairs and pluged it into HDMI and it worked fine. tried reduecing the resolution while I had it pluged in but it still wont work on the TV upstairs. Any suggestions the AV out cable I am useing is from my old seagate media player and it was working fine on there.

What kind of 3.5 to rca cables are you using? Can you try pressing the 'menu' button to change the resolution?

here is a picture of the two cables i tried

tried pressing menu the static on the screen changes but still nothing readable

if it helps this is what I get

robynb1,

Looks like your problem is the cable you are using for that port on the back of the apline.

The port I am assuming that you are using is the `audio out' port and will not send the video signal you are after.

You will need to use an AV convertor for this application (as the tv looks like a model that only supports RCA / composite)
    Meaning... take the HDMI signal to a conversion box and then splitting it into the RCA you are after.
    example
    http://hdmitorcaconverter.com/hdmi-t...rter-overview/
    http://www.amazon.com/LinkStyle-Comp...otorswatche-20
    If the convertor does not provide the White and Red (Right and Left Channel Speakers) cables for the audio... you will need to use a cable like the one you have on the 'audio port' in the same manner I suspect you had wired it.
    Last edited by tim711; 04-24-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tim711 View Post
    robynb1,

Looks like your problem is the cable you are using for that port on the back of the apline.

The port I am assuming that you are using is the `audio out' port and will not send the video signal you are after.

You will need to use an AV convertor for this application (as the tv looks like a model that only supports RCA / composite)
    Meaning... take the HDMI signal to a conversion box and then splitting it into the RCA you are after.
    example
    http://hdmitorcaconverter.com/hdmi-t...rter-overview/
    http://www.amazon.com/LinkStyle-Comp...otorswatche-20
    If the convertor does not provide the White and Red (Right and Left Channel Speakers) cables for the audio... you will need to use a cable like the one you have on the 'audio port' in the same manner I suspect you had wired it.
    Despite the labeling on the back of the box this is in fact an Audio/Video port not just an audio port. I also had the same issue as robynb1 and assumed at the time that my cable was the issue. I got the video but it was all full of noise and static; moving the cable around helped a bit to get rid of the noise. It seems to be a grounding issue. PM could you let us know the actual specification on the cable/connector to be used on this port and confirm that this port does in fact works as long as the right cable/connector is used.

Thank you.

Snappy

interesting the labeling is diffrent on the back of yours then it is on mine... mine is labeld A/V NOT audio out

It should be an both an audio and video out.

Here is the layout:

Let me see if I can if I can find out where such a cable that matches this exact layout can be found. (looks to match Aiwa A/V 4-pole jacks, I will confirm this)

In the meantime, did moving the cables, as Snappy suggested, work?
    Attached Images Attached Images

my bad... mine is also labeled AV out

I have tried moveing the cable around but havent been lucky. I also tried switching the cables around (both audio plugs in the video) and no luck there either. I have tried 2 diffrent cables and neither work.

any updates on fixing this? sorry to be impatient but i want to get this working.