My brother needs a media player and I own two WD players. So I thought I could sell him one of these devices and I buy a PBO.
The reason for this is that my WDs are nearly perfect modded now, so I need new hardware I can tinker with.
Before I will buy the PBO (second hand), please let me know the following information:
1. Is there an issue regarding HDMI output and Sony Bravia TVs? Or is it fixed/fixable?
2. If I should get an PBO with old bootloader, is it possible to update the bootloader? (= all PBOs have the same hardware?). And yes, I read already that a speacial cable is needed and yes, I don't have fear to brick the device.
3. My external harddrives use the filesystem EXT2. I read that EXT3 is supported. I'm right that than also EXT2 can be used?
4. Video output: Is there a function like "autoresolution" available or do I always have to choose the correct video output manually if I want to watch different resolutions/refresh rates
5. Audio output: It is possible to have HDMI-audio output (stereo downmix) and optical audio output (multichannel) at the same time? Or HDMI-audio output (multichannel) and optical audio output (multichannel) at the same time?
6. Is there furthermore support for new PBO firmware? So far I read there is an Android device available soon...
7. How powerful is the cpu (Mhz)? Size of internal memory (flash/SDRAM)?
9. Are USB-hubs supported? I read that only the first partition of harddrives would be detected, so I fear that USB-hubs could be a problem (I have 4 x HDD with 1 - 2TB).
8. Are there any other things that I should know/or take care before I buy the PBO?
Thanks in advance for your support.