Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't access shares

having the same issue with Vista32 and XP. network share names originally had spaces, but not now. Can't seem to get any shares to work now from PBOA but work fine from computers and xbox.

I did the all the tricks from this thread(http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...in-work-around), finally found a solution.
    I uninstalled Windows Live Essentials from my laptop, and now my laptop is visible from my alpine as well as the folders I'm sharing. I don't know why it fixed the problem, but it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by dtclxy64 View Post
    I did the all the tricks from this thread(http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...in-work-around), finally found a solution.
    I uninstalled Windows Live Essentials from my laptop, and now my laptop is visible from my alpine as well as the folders I'm sharing. I don't know why it fixed the problem, but it's worth a try.

That is interesting that the sharing problem has to do with Windows Live Essentials in your case. I didn't have Window Live essentials on my shared pc's, but I had same problem previously to connect to shares.

Then I performed a manual connection by retyping the computer name, share drive, login & pswd and it then connected to it. I had to do that even when it shows the share on the list. You don't need to alter your security settings on your pcs if you know they are correct; you use the allowed user/pswd on your Alphine network setup.

Hope this works for some of you having trouble connecting shares..

Cheers!