Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't access shares

Cool Can't access shares

Hey guys,

Running win 7 pro 64 on two separate pcs, no issues while using two separate PBO Cores to access shares on both pcs. With the Alpine I can see and select either pc but get the message "No shares on this server". I've tried restarting both pcs and no luck... any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bleech View Post
    Hey guys,

Running win 7 pro 64 on two separate pcs, no issues while using two separate PBO Cores to access shares on both pcs. With the Alpine I can see and select either pc but get the message "No shares on this server". I've tried restarting both pcs and no luck... any ideas?

Thanks
    Hmmm!!! I wonder if this is not related to a different version of SAMBA; I know for example that in order to access the share on my NAS I had to install "cifs manager" on my Android tablet to be able to see my shares on my NAS; it just would not work without that manager installed. That being said I did not experienced that problem with the PBO Alpine my NAS was seen and worked fine right away without the need for cifs manager.

I have a laptop at the house that has Win7 on it ( Home premium I think ); I'll give it a try and report my findings. First I need to figure out how to enable shares on win7 since I never use it; laptop is dual boot and 99.9% of the time I run Linux.

Anyhow curious to see if I have the same problem.

Cheers !!!

Ok, I decided to try removing password protected shares and it did the trick. All shares were visible and I was able to mount them and access files. I don't like to have anything available on my networks without password protection but I guess I'll have to bear it until Patriot releases a patch or two.

I have to say that I definitely prefer the core's interface over the Alpine's...

Before my "Out of Memory" errors I was able to connect to my password protected shares through the 'connect manually' option at the top.. A bit of a pain in the butt, but it worked. I'm not sure how you were expecting the Alpine to connect to password protected shares without telling it what the user/pass was.

I just bought this unit and plugged it in today. I am very disappointed so far.

I also have the other "Core" unit and it detects and plays all my media over the same network with no issues. I click on a share, it ask for the user and password, and your done. This... I have to shut off passwords on my shares to work? Patriot can have it back!

I had the same problem. Turned off passwords and then the box could see my shares. Now my problem is that when I click on one, it ask me for a username and password, which I do, then it says "no such file or folder exist". ???

The manual is junk! it explains nothing except what each button and option is suppose to do.

If I don't get a proper solution to connecting to my shares, which is the whole purpose of this device, then it's going back and I'm going with the Pivos.

There is no way that a non-technical person can use this unit.

I solved 1 problem. No spaces in the share names. But now I have an "out of memory error"!

So now what?

Default Can not access files

Yes. I experience the same problem.
    I remove the password protection option in Win7 x64.
    Then I can see the shared drive and directory list in Alpine, but it asks for user id and password. what is this?

Anyone can help?

same issue here.. will wait patiently for a fix or workaround.

It is a security setting under Windows.

I changed a security setting and am now able to access all my shares even when I set the entire drive (root) to be shared.

Patriot should really include a manual with the Alpine for common steps to setting up your library for sharing.

I have been very disappointed with the Alpine. I will be returning mine later today. Support is very thin here. Simply unacceptable.

Plz share the setting with us please. My normal settings that did work with core version doesnt work with alpine.
    I shared root d drive with everyone full on share and read and excute on ntfs.
    Then I went to advanced and turned everything to on and set the lower encryption. I even created a local user for the box.
    No go.