New modded ACRyan with Chinese IMS (BC18 or above only)
Akira has now ported the Chinese IMS directly into the AC Ryan PV73220.127.116.11.r5440 firmware. It is in S format , so it requires bootcode 18 or above.
thanks for the firmware.
so far so good - works great except hdd spindown - hung my PBO twice within half an hour when spindown was set to "on"
another thing I can't do is to put samba to "on", so I can't see the device in the network (but playing movies from another samba share works great)
great network performance - its the first fw that can handle IMS above 360p resolution without stuttering
are there any ways to use other .rss sources? let's say, I want to try leftovers from playonx firmware (there's a folder on hdd with all the .rss scripts I had, but this fw can't recognize it)
if you plan any improvement, I'd suggest having all IMS stuff on HDD like playonx - would be much easier to customize all the menus for my taste - let's say I don't need any Chinese IMS content and I would like to leave just YT, Picasa, Flicker and Shoutcast so that way would be quite easy even for a person not too much familiar with linux stuff
after having been using the firmware for couple of days, I'm looking for some answers:
1. what are the login / pass to get access over telnet?
2. what are the login / pass to get ftp access
3. still can't enable samba - it always stays "off" in the menu. so no access to my hdd from my computer (as I can't use ftp due to unknown login/pass)
4. I saw there's a control panel over www (pbo-ip:8081), but most of the things stay chinese, choosing "english" doesn't change anything. google translate doesn't help much, as it translates only the left column. any chances somebody can provide me with screens and translation of the available options - the only thing I "understand" is remote control, as its graphics
thanks in advance
1 and 2 : account/password -> root / toor
4 is bug, I will fix it in new version.
You can fix it as follow command:
cp /opt/share/www/eng.php /tmp/lang.php
thanks for your assistance
1. "root" / "toor" works for telnet
2. can't login to ftp - tried to play with vsftpd.conf but no luck. I get connection to the device but no login/pass makes me enter - as if there was another problem than correct credentials
4. no result after copying lang.php - still stays chinese. tried to remount rw but didn't help either. will wait for next release
Try to change the language with internet explorer
Originally Posted by adamuadamu