Thread: Just got a new barebones gaming pc kit & have question....

Cool Just got a new barebones gaming pc kit & have question....

Just got a new barebones gaming pc kit & have question. I got extra a patriot ssd drive , 120gb. & also a a 1tb w/digital hhd. I am assuming i can set these up correctly thru the bios correctly, i want my win 7, 2 be on my ssd for super fast load/boot speeds. Im i correct in my assumpyion, it can be set up thru the bios?. Any suggestions of tweaking will be welcomed as well my new friends.......Tony

There should be an entry for hard drive priority (or something similar) on the Boot page in the BIOS. That lets you select which drive the system boots from.

The motherboards I've used for the past few years also have had an option to hit F8 and select from a list of bootable devices, but you wouldn't want to do that all the time.

thanks for the reply thus far. i really thoiught (NO OFFENSE TO U) that i would have rec. more answers or suggestions than only yours, but i thank you 4 ur answer. BTW: i am using a nice Gigabyte M/B......

Thumbs down No bios coming up at alll, any help from anyone....please, thx....tony

Now that i have the pc done, my bios, will not open at all, i have nothing at all, the pc fires up as it should, but no bios, dont understand, any thoughts???

I'm not sure what you mean by "no BIOS". I'm assuming you mean that the display is completely blank.

In that case, you need to strip the motherboard down to the minimum, just the CPU, heatsink, memory, and video card. Ideally, you should try just one stick of memory, but if the heatsink makes it difficult to remove, you can wait to try that if the screen is still blank.

Make sure you have all the power connections to the motherboard and video card in place. My current motherboard has three supplemental power connections in addition to the main one. It's worth removing and reconnecting the power connections to make sure that everything is plugged in correctly. You might want to remove and reseat the video card and memory, too.

If you get a BIOS display, then you can start adding devices back in, booting after each addition.

Quote Originally Posted by AWMEANS View Post
    thanks for the reply thus far. i really thoiught (NO OFFENSE TO U) that i would have rec. more answers or suggestions than only yours, but i thank you 4 ur answer. BTW: i am using a nice Gigabyte M/B......
    Hello Tony,

Welcome to the forums!

Please be aware that our office hours are from M-F 9AM-6PM Pacific US time. So if you create a post on the weekend, we won't be able to get to it until Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsurf48 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "no BIOS". I'm assuming you mean that the display is completely blank.

In that case, you need to strip the motherboard down to the minimum, just the CPU, heatsink, memory, and video card. Ideally, you should try just one stick of memory, but if the heatsink makes it difficult to remove, you can wait to try that if the screen is still blank.

Make sure you have all the power connections to the motherboard and video card in place. My current motherboard has three supplemental power connections in addition to the main one. It's worth removing and reconnecting the power connections to make sure that everything is plugged in correctly. You might want to remove and reseat the video card and memory, too.

If you get a BIOS display, then you can start adding devices back in, booting after each addition.
    Windsurf48 is correct. You should atleast be able to get a post with the drive. It sounds like it could be another hardware failure if this is the case. I would check with the memory first. If you have 2 sticks, try removing one to see if this helps.