Thread: BEMP profile not available with AP38G16082K

Angry BEMP profile not available with AP38G16082K not stable at advertised timing 8-8-8-24

I have an MSI 970A-G45 motherboard with latest bios, an AMD FX 8120 processor.
    Why does AMD overdrive have BEMP grayed out.It is 4.1 the latest version as well.Please help.This memory will not run at the advertised latency of 8-8-8-24 either all tests show it must be run at 9-9-9-28 even with voltage at 1.9 it is unstable

ty
    Last edited by tc0566; 03-23-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Hello,

Can you try flashing the board to the latest bios? Do the stickers on your module say 8-8-8? It should be 8-9-8. http://patriotmemory.com/products/de...id=1171&type=1

Can you try setting it to 8-9-8 to see if this will work? If you are still having issues, try setting TRFC to 300 ns.

As far as BEMP, can you make sure that you have all of the latest drivers installed? (Chipset, sata, lan etc)

Let me know if this helps.

stickers on the modules say 8-8-8-24 and yes my motherboard has the latest bios
    look at these pics as well
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/R/D/319...and%20Back.JPG
    and trfc is 300 ns already and also I had corsair memory before I got this memory Amd overdrive worked until I installed this memory and now it completely freeze the system when the auto clock is used
    Last edited by tc0566; 03-23-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tc0566 View Post
    stickers on the modules say 8-8-8-24 and yes my motherboard has the latest bios
    look at these pics as well
    http://media.bestofmicro.com/R/D/319...and%20Back.JPG
    and trfc is 300 ns already and also I had corsair memory before I got this memory Amd overdrive worked until I installed this memory and now it completely freeze the system when the auto clock is used
    Hi tc0566,

Hmmm... those pictures are not what our product looks like. Can you please confirm that this is what your label says? Where did you purchase the memory from? Our version of the AMD Memory definitely should be 8-9-8, please advise.

Can you please double-check and/or provide the pictures of your modules?

Ours will say "powered by Patriot" and not "Partner XYZ." Please advise.

yes that is exactly what my memory looks like it was bought from tiger direct
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=1818722
    there is the link but they say built by patriot not powered by and the memory timings do say 8-9-8-24
    I have it set to these memory timings and working but why no BEMP in AMD overdrive?
    Well can someone explain why the Bemp setting is grayed out or should I return the memory?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tc0566; 03-24-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for providing the exact screenshots. Can you see if manually setting up (1600 8-9-8) the timings work?
    The only thing we can suggest is to contact AMD in regards to why the profile is not picking up.
    Our Engineers have verified that they indeed have our latest profiles.
    Since the the profiles are net-dependent, there could be an issue with their server database.

Well a new update came out for my bios 2 days ago and actually as far as overclocking these baby's rock 2000 9-10-9-28 and perfectly stable at 1.7 volts still no BEMP though

Yeah unfortunately as far as the BEMP, the issue might lie with the CPU manufacturer.

But thanks for the update... 2000MHz out of these! Nice!

...Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be glad to help.