Thread: Patriot Pyro120SE SSD

Default Patriot Pyro120SE SSD

CONFIGURATION:
    CPU: Intel i7=2600k
    MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67
    RAM: 4X4GB DDR3 Exceleram 1600Mhz
    Storage: 6X1TB SATA3 WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX
    VGA CARD: XFX Ati Radeon 5750 / 1GB

Upon installation of Win 7x64 on Pyro SE as a boot disk, Microsoft Office 2010 and few more programs, properties of C disk show used space 51.2GB free space 60.4GB what is very strange, because, value of all folders on disk is about 20GB. Can, anyone, explain me where is problem and 30GB of space???
    I inspect urgent replay, if something wrong wit Pyro SE, I intend to change them for new one. Tanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by internik View Post
    CONFIGURATION:
    CPU: Intel i7=2600k
    MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67
    RAM: 4X4GB DDR3 Exceleram 1600Mhz
    Storage: 6X1TB SATA3 WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX
    VGA CARD: XFX Ati Radeon 5750 / 1GB

Upon installation of Win 7x64 on Pyro SE as a boot disk, Microsoft Office 2010 and few more programs, properties of C disk show used space 51.2GB free space 60.4GB what is very strange, because, value of all folders on disk is about 20GB. Can, anyone, explain me where is problem and 30GB of space???
    I inspect urgent replay, if something wrong wit Pyro SE, I intend to change them for new one. Tanks in advance.
    Check your system resources. It sounds like you might have allocated amount of space enabled as page file perhaps?
    http://lifehacker.com/5426041/unders...dnt-disable-it

Probably a 16gig page file and a 10gig Hibernation file.

For a gaming/general usage type system, you are safe to reconfigure the pagefile to 1GB

If you use hibernate, or hybrid sleep, then you will need to keep the hibernation file. If you don't, you can ask windows to delete it and give you the space back.

Also check your recycle bin, it may be holding several gig of deleted files.