Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Android and Playbook For PBO

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default Android and Playbook For PBO

    Hey all,
    Just wanted to let you know, someone had developed an Android and Playbook application to use with the Patriot Box Office. It basically will build a playlist for you in a separate folder in your HDD section of your Browser on your PBO. That means you won't have to use your remote to scroll through a huge list of files.

    I think due to limitations of the box it can't directly start playing it. Although if anyone figured that out I am sure the developer would love to hear how it could be done. Here is the link:

    https://sites.google.com/site/hacklb...-player-helper

    Works pretty good.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    The play list function is available on the Chinese Universal Firmware too, although I have not tried it myself. Your link is blocked by Norton for security reason.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    The play list function is available on the Chinese Universal Firmware too, although I have not tried it myself. Your link is blocked by Norton for security reason.
    Looks like Norton doesn't like it because of other Google Sites have malicious stuff on them. My McAfee Site Advisor is indifferent.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Tried the app. It created a dir 'MPH_Playlist' and the what?
    I can not acces the sub folders of the drive to specify the files to add to the playlist.
    Nice Telnet login feature though.
    I would pay money for a remote app on Android for the PBO (Patriot Box Office).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyRay View Post
    Tried the app. It created a dir 'MPH_Playlist' and the what?
    I can not acces the sub folders of the drive to specify the files to add to the playlist.
    Nice Telnet login feature though.
    I would pay money for a remote app on Android for the PBO (Patriot Box Office).
    When I used it, it creates that MPH_Playlist folder and then I can play the files that I have selected in that folder.

    When I click on Connect to Media Player, I get a list of folders and I can drill farther into them. What do you see?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyRay View Post
    I would pay money for a remote app on Android for the PBO (Patriot Box Office).
    http://blog.xuite.net/isakira/blog/58275412

    If you can read chinese, you could try my firmware : "PBO enhanced firmware".
    To use with port 8081, it calls "web remote":

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sunny, Beachy DR
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akira View Post
    http://blog.xuite.net/isakira/blog/58275412

    If you can read chinese, you could try my firmware : "PBO enhanced firmware".
    To use with port 8081, it calls "web remote":
    I'm downloading your FW, is it in english??? Can you please post the extras included???

    TIA...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_tracker View Post
    I'm downloading your FW, is it in english??? Can you please post the extras included???

    TIA...
    PBO Language:
    Here you can select english.


    Web 2.8: (port 8081)
    You can change setting to english.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Hi Akira,
    Nice to see you here too. I am very glad to see your firmware now with the web remote function working. I have posted links to your blog in the Mod/Hack subforum.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Hi Akira,
    Nice to see you here too. I am very glad to see your firmware now with the web remote function working. I have posted links to your blog in the Mod/Hack subforum.
    You are welcome.
    I'll fix PBO enhanced firmware later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •