Thread: Android and Playbook For PBO

Default Android and Playbook For PBO

Hey all,
    Just wanted to let you know, someone had developed an Android and Playbook application to use with the Patriot Box Office. It basically will build a playlist for you in a separate folder in your HDD section of your Browser on your PBO. That means you won't have to use your remote to scroll through a huge list of files.

I think due to limitations of the box it can't directly start playing it. Although if anyone figured that out I am sure the developer would love to hear how it could be done. Here is the link:

https://sites.google.com/site/hacklb...-player-helper

Works pretty good.

The play list function is available on the Chinese Universal Firmware too, although I have not tried it myself. Your link is blocked by Norton for security reason.

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    The play list function is available on the Chinese Universal Firmware too, although I have not tried it myself. Your link is blocked by Norton for security reason.
    Looks like Norton doesn't like it because of other Google Sites have malicious stuff on them. My McAfee Site Advisor is indifferent.

Tried the app. It created a dir 'MPH_Playlist' and the what?
    I can not acces the sub folders of the drive to specify the files to add to the playlist.
    Nice Telnet login feature though.
    I would pay money for a remote app on Android for the PBO (Patriot Box Office).

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyRay View Post
    Tried the app. It created a dir 'MPH_Playlist' and the what?
    I can not acces the sub folders of the drive to specify the files to add to the playlist.
    Nice Telnet login feature though.
    When I used it, it creates that MPH_Playlist folder and then I can play the files that I have selected in that folder.

When I click on Connect to Media Player, I get a list of folders and I can drill farther into them. What do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyRay View Post
    http://blog.xuite.net/isakira/blog/58275412

If you can read chinese, you could try my firmware : "PBO enhanced firmware".
    To use with port 8081, it calls "web remote":

Quote Originally Posted by akira View Post
    http://blog.xuite.net/isakira/blog/58275412

If you can read chinese, you could try my firmware : "PBO enhanced firmware".
    To use with port 8081, it calls "web remote":
    I'm downloading your FW, is it in english??? Can you please post the extras included???

TIA...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_tracker View Post
    I'm downloading your FW, is it in english??? Can you please post the extras included???

TIA...
    PBO Language:
    Here you can select english.

Web 2.8: (port 8081)
    You can change setting to english.

Hi Akira,
    Nice to see you here too. I am very glad to see your firmware now with the web remote function working. I have posted links to your blog in the Mod/Hack subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Hi Akira,
    Nice to see you here too. I am very glad to see your firmware now with the web remote function working. I have posted links to your blog in the Mod/Hack subforum.
    You are welcome.
    I'll fix PBO enhanced firmware later.