Thread: The flash drive that wouldn't die.

Default The flash drive that wouldn't die.

Okay. I'm impressed.

Apparently, when I was getting into my car yesterday, I managed to drop my PatriotXT flash drive on the driveway. Under my tire. As I left for work I ran over it.

Oops.

It sat on the driveway all day until I got home in the dark, and promptly ran over it again. Unfortunately, I didn't realize what I had done, so the flashdrive spent the night outside. As some of you may have heard on the news, Georgia was absolutely hammered with severe thunderstorms last night.

I finally found it today, soaking wet and more than a little worse for wear. Figuring that I didn't have anything to lose, I got some pliers, bent the USB connector back into shape (sort of) and hooked it up to my computer.

I'm happy to report that I'm copying the files off of it now. It's definitely not fit for everyday use anymore, but I know for sure what brand of flash drive I'm going to replace it with!

Thanks for making a flash drive that even -I- couldn't destroy!

Regards,

Jason

Flashdrive.jpg

That's awesome Jason! Thank you for sharing your story with us. We're glad that the drive is holding up for you.