Thread: Pxd38g2133c11k

Default Pxd38g2133c11k

Hey all, i have this

Memory: PXD38G2133C11K
    Motherboard: Maximus IV Extreme Z bios updated to 1004
    CPU: Intel i7-2600K

all stock, and i ran a benchmark called aida64 giving me i believe 699mhz
    i find it quite strange as the reason being, originally i ran a 3dmark 11 benchmark with a low physics score leading me to believe that my ram is causing the issue. as i read from another forum, a member saying as i quote

"memory was running single channel mode Because I had slots 1,2 populated which I assumed was the correct positioning for Dual channel looking at my mobo manual, instead of slots 1,3."

from http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-Physics-Score

this caused me to believe maybe i put in the ram wrong? if there is a wrong...

2.jpg
    1.jpg

just wanted to also mention that i change the AI Overclock tuner from AUTO to X.M.P, and was wondering will this cause any problems such as overheat etc?
    Last edited by spiralshock; 02-01-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: attached pic

Quote Originally Posted by spiralshock View Post
    Hey all, i have this

Memory: PXD38G2133C11K
    Motherboard: Maximus IV Extreme Z bios updated to 1004
    CPU: Intel i7-2600K

all stock, and i ran a benchmark called aida64 giving me i believe 699mhz
    i find it quite strange as the reason being, originally i ran a 3dmark 11 benchmark with a low physics score leading me to believe that my ram is causing the issue. as i read from another forum, a member saying as i quote

"memory was running single channel mode Because I had slots 1,2 populated which I assumed was the correct positioning for Dual channel looking at my mobo manual, instead of slots 1,3."

from http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-Physics-Score

this caused me to believe maybe i put in the ram wrong? if there is a wrong...

2.jpg
    1.jpg

just wanted to also mention that i change the AI Overclock tuner from AUTO to X.M.P, and was wondering will this cause any problems such as overheat etc?
    Hello,

Does the memory work at the rated speeds? Unfortunately we do not use 3DMark as a test bench to verify our production passes. We can only guarantee that the memory works at the rated speeds. XMP should not cause any issues, especially overheating, on your system. Our memory has actually been XMP certified by Intel.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Hello,

Does the memory work at the rated speeds?
    How do i check? i used Aida64 giving me a speed of 669mhz. Also which profile should i be using? there are 2 profiles in the XMP setting.

How do i check? i used Aida64 giving me a speed of 669mhz. Also which profile should i be using? there are 2 profiles in the XMP setting.
    Hello,

Please use Profile 1.

After setting this can you check with CPU-Z (memory tab) to see what speeds you are running?
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

according to CPU-Z in the memory tab, is it under DRAM frequency? if so how much MHz should i be getting?

according to CPU-Z in the memory tab, is it under DRAM frequency? if so how much MHz should i be getting?
    Hello,

Yes it should be under Dram Frequency. Since DDR is double data rate you should be getting half for this. Hence DDR-2133 = 1066 MHz ish.