Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: how to view chinese tv content?

Some links are not compatible, just keep on looking around and found your favorite sites. The nice thing with this firmware is you have tons of choice. Try HDPFANS for live channel and VST for TV series and movie search.

Check your PM.

tourist, thanks for providing the instructions. I followed them and it worked exactly like you described. I can't believe there's so much IMS content and just need to explore it now. Thanks again.

tourist
    what ins gateway do you use to get your Hk news?

Default Same request

Tourist,

I have Bootcode 16, firmware 61. I sent you a PM on steps to achieve the same purpose. Look forward to your reply. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by qubilist View Post
    tourist
    what ins gateway do you use to get your Hk news?
    What do you mean?
    I usually use hdpfans/live/hk-macau-taiwan/PhoenixHK

For BC16, you may use any semi-official firmware with IMS, add the MMS/RTMP codec (already included in P70R2), and then use my metafeeds setting.

Make sure you flash through P02 first when you replace firmware.

To add MMS/RTMP codec in semi-official P61-IMS, Follow instruction in this link. If you are using P70R2 Mega, you may skip this step as those files are already included.

To use my metafeeds setting, telnet to the PBO and issue the following commands:

# mount -o remount,rw /
    # sed -i "s/username/tourist/g" /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/scripts/menu.rss
    # sed -i "s/username/tourist/g" /usr/local/bin/scripts/menu.rss
    # mount -o remount,ro /
    # reboot

I have not used metafeeds for several months, so I am not sure if it still works as it was.
    Last edited by tourist; 01-31-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Can someone PM me the instructions? I can't get it to work following the steps from this thread...am I missing something that you guys spoke in private messaging I didn't see in this thread?

What firmware and bootcode do you have in your PBO? The instruction is posted in thread while the chinese universal firmware is not. It depends on your hardware to decide which path is the best to go to Chinese IMS on your PBO.

tourist,
    after flashing to chinese universal fw, I can't login to my windows 7 server shares for any type of media. I keep getting logon error fail which didn't happen to me before. Has this happened to you?