So after debricking my PBO serially, I was wondering which firmware (running BC18) I should get for Chinese IMS and MMS. I'm still quite new at modding the PBO, so preferably a working firmware, or links on how to incorporate such feeds would be appreciated.
I just begin to hack my pbo and not quite sure about the proper way to do this.
My box has the following version:
So, I assume this is boot code 27.
System rev P0020BC18-61
The steps as in your post for bootcode 18 or above:
1) either erase the firmware on your PBO using USB-TTL cable OR
flash with the official P02 firmware first
2) If doing the P02 flash:
- make sure you let it go through the 2 flashing cycles with auto reboot in between
- let it sit for 5-10 minutes after I initialized the flashing
3) flash Universal Firmware:
- will re-boot twice
- the second reboot will occur 30 seconds after it returned to the main menu
- do not unplug anything or turn it off until it finished rebooting the second time
- leave it untouch for 10 minutes during the flashing process, it should be fine.
- when it finally returned to the main menu stably, turn off the power by the
switch in the back and then turn in back on. The last step is critical to make
the remote functional.
I got the following questions: (your help is greatly appreciated)
- P02 can be obtained from http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...mware-Releases. Correct?
- You mentioned about other firmware... can I use this instead of the Universal Firmware? http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...-or-above-only). If so, what would be the install procedure? (Do I still need to do the flashing to P02 first?)
Thanks for you help in advance,
Originally Posted by t53864
I did try the PlayON firmware from Akira. It worked fine but I little bit less responsive. I also found the menu a bit complicated. I am still using the Universal firmware modded for PBO and I have not updated it for months as it is still very stable. Akira also has a modded PBO firmware with chinese support. Last time I checked, it was working but not mature yet. It may have improved in the last few revisions. Last but not least, even the Universal Firmware modded for PBO has several favors and modded by different people. The later ones are more for Taiwanese users and it uses phonetic characters for typing chinese. The earlier ones use pinyin.
Originally Posted by Boredom
Just look for Akira's thread and use his modded firmware. It will have the content links integrated.
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible that you can send me the Universal Firmware?
Originally Posted by tourist
Look at the left side of Akira's blog at http://blog.xuite.net/isakira/blog/58275412.
Originally Posted by t53864
You will see the link to the RTD1073 Universal Firmware. At the same blog, you will see other firmwares he modded for PBO too.
I have a question for you. I am currently running the PlayON firmware from Akira on my PBO. Is it common that most of the newer chinese movies to freeze? I've noticed that if i watch an older early 1980s movie it loads faster and it does not freeze. Am I missing something here.
can all users of different firmwares state if their IMS works to stream live Hong Kong TVB television. i am currently on the latest PBO P70R2 with Chinese IMS and Web2.9 and it doesn't work. states that it can not play the media type
it is under the following
02. TVB高清台 / 03. TVB-J2
please state your firmware and its result. if anyone have a solution to fix it for the PBO, please help. i am not sure if i should try to manually Adding MMS/RTMP support which i assume is the file type it uses since i assume that people that code the hacked version would have already added it.
Hi Tourist. I have read all 10 pages and think you are great in helping amateurs like myself. My box's info is P020BC18-70R2. Can you PM me the link to current chinese universal firmware. Thank you in advance.
10-17-2012, 06:49 PM
u better just go with the PBO firmware with the Chinese IMS cause the Chinese Universal firmware seems to have additional steps to make the remote working. if you mess up, your remote wont work and cant reflash it like normal
Originally Posted by cct