Thread: PSF8GUSB write speed??

Default PSF8GUSB write speed??

I bought PSF8GUSB yesterday and i tryed to copy few videos, and i was stunned with speed! it won't go over 2.70MB/s, slowest speed i ever saw on flash drive. i dont know what to do, is this real speed or what is problem? i have also PEF8GUSB which is like 100 times faster!! is that real speed of PEF8GUSB or do i need some tool to optimize it? or its not working properly. please help! answer here or on my email: emir_jaha@hotmail.com

just noticed mistake, problem is with PSF8GUSB memory. PEF8GUSB is working perfect. still waiting for response, please help!

Hello,

Yes our PSF8GUSB is our Signature Line which is slower than our Xporter XT Boost, PEF8GUSB. Depending on how many files you transfer, it could affect the transfer rates because it needs to index and address each file. Try compressing the data in a rar or zip and transferring the files this way. However, please note that our Signature Drive is not designed to be a heavy-performance drive as our Xporter XT Boost is.

Thanks for response
    i don't expect it to be fast as XT, but just faster than 2.70MB/s! i just can't believe that is it's speed. i treid transfering only 1 movie +1 subtitle, which is aroung 1.5GB and it's getting max 2.70MB/s which is 10-15mins to transfer 1.5GB file. i have used many different USB memory sticks, but never saw any slow as this one. tell me please is 2.70MB/s his normal writing speed? or doest it need that formatting tool or anything. i lost my whole day trying to figure this out

i'm still hanging on forum reading anything i find that might help me. and i saw one Thread where Low Format Tool helped guy to double his speed. don't know what else can help. or 2.70MB/s is really his max speed so i can throw it in trash. please send me Format Tool so i can try that too.

Quote Originally Posted by jahonda View Post
    i'm still hanging on forum reading anything i find that might help me. and i saw one Thread where Low Format Tool helped guy to double his speed. don't know what else can help. or 2.70MB/s is really his max speed so i can throw it in trash. please send me Format Tool so i can try that too.
    Hello,

Unfortunately what you're seeing is about right. Based on our tests here, the speeds of the drive can vary anywhere from 2.5 ~ 6MB/s.

The low level format tool version for our PSF can be downloaded from our website...
    (The one for our Rage drive should work for it as well)
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/softwar...er_v2.10.0.zip

I tried that one today on my own, but i got error "Preformat not support this IC". now i tried again, and i get same. i can't figure out what it means :/
    what is "this IC". now i was googling about it, and still can't find what it means. i hope i get it atleast to 5MB/s i'm sorry for bothering, and thank you again for answers. i hope this will be last one...

Hello,

What that means is the format tool is not compatible with that build.

See if this one will work...
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/partner...re/Restore.rar

If not, then unfortunately there's not much we can do. We can try exchanging the drive, but the next drive probably would give you identical or near performance. Please advise.

Thank you, i did everything in my power to increase speed, but looks like it won't go over 2.70MB/s. not even 2.72! (sometimes it gets to 2.71) i'm still dissapointed, but we both did what we could. Thank you again for your help....

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Hello,

What that means is the format tool is not compatible with that build.

See if this one will work...
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/partner...re/Restore.rar

If not, then unfortunately there's not much we can do. We can try exchanging the drive, but the next drive probably would give you identical or near performance. Please advise.
    Hey thanks a lot for this. it really saved me !!!!