Thread: Bricked Valkyrie?

Exclamation Bricked Valkyrie?

I have a Valkyrie unit that I am trying to add a seconds hard drive to. It will not let me format the new drive or the existing one. I have tried to do everything to reset this unit back to factory default and none of the options work. The factory default button under tools is greyed out and the button the back of the unit doesn't seem to do anything. I have tried removing all drives but that doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas? I can probably do something via telnet... but not sure of any commands.

Ok, got into telnet... cd to data, ls, Segmentation Fault...
    Last edited by Schooner; 10-23-2011 at 08:10 AM.

I am thinking that if someone has a sysconfig.bin file with the default config that may save me from config hell. Anyone? :-)

OK, another update... I got in with root telnet... looking at configs. Any guidance would be nice. I assume that there is a script for resetting factory defaults?
    Last edited by Schooner; 10-23-2011 at 08:51 PM.

The Valkyrie stores much of its configuration (other than passwords) on the main HDD. Just remove the drive, boot the valkyrie, then insert and format the drive. The valkyrie supports hotplug, so no need to reboot when inserting the drive.

Formatting the drive will kill my root plugin, however.
    I AM NOT A PATRIOT MEMORY EMPLOYEE.

But they have, on occasion, bribed me with hardware.

I am happy to help, but don't PM me. Post a thread in the appropriate forum so others may benefit and offer assistance.
    Your lack of planning is not an emergency on my part.

For some reason as soon as I plug the drive in (even hot) it would mount and read the config from it. There was something in the config that was killing the ability to format (button greyed out). So I just got done going in via root telnet and killing the partition with busybox/fdisk.

Not sure how this happened... I wasn't doing anything with the box that isn't possible via the web interface. I think I changed the name of the admin user or created a new user for myself and made them admin. Maybe that was where it started. Think this time I'll change the admin user but make my personal account a regular user and give myself read/write to folders I want.

Anyhow it's formatting as I type. Just finished. Back to the races! :-) Learned my one or two new things for today.

I may have more fun with this thing though now that I know how to telnet in as root. *evil smile*

Thanks!
    Last edited by Schooner; 10-23-2011 at 10:02 PM.