Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware 3.3.2 is here!

I have a 3,5 adapter for a Wildfire can i use it with the Pyro ?

Got new RMA'ed Wildfire with 3.2.0. Updated it to 3.3.0. It was working for two days, this morning I have found computer restarted, with the same message from Windows ("Windows was temporarily unable to read your hard disk drive. We don't know the exact cause of the problem". And bla-bla-bla)
    Just now upgraded it to 3.3.2. Will keep informed about result.
    Another thing - every new FW upgrade slightly decreases performance. Not too much but tendency is clear.

FYI so far update 3.3.2 installed properly on 10/20/2011 AM is working fine in HP 17 I72070NR.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcon8122 View Post
    I have a 3,5 adapter for a Wildfire can i use it with the Pyro ?
    You drive become none functioning after 2 days of usage? You cannot update the drive through a USB external enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by V.V. View Post
    Got new RMA'ed Wildfire with 3.2.0. Updated it to 3.3.0. It was working for two days, this morning I have found computer restarted, with the same message from Windows ("Windows was temporarily unable to read your hard disk drive. We don't know the exact cause of the problem". And bla-bla-bla)
    Just now upgraded it to 3.3.2. Will keep informed about result.
    Another thing - every new FW upgrade slightly decreases performance. Not too much but tendency is clear.
    The performance should not drop that much. What are the performance benchmarks for your drive?

I'm still getting BSODs after 3.3.2, but only by running CDM 4K QD32 benchmarks a few times. Haven't tried a low level format yet.

Did receive a SY-PEX40039 SATA III controller (no RAID), but that bsod's my Dell Precision T7400 at boot with no drives attached. Apparently have to do a stand-alone driver install before putting the card in.

Blog at http://sites.google.com/site/cjprope...me/ssdproblems

Hey VL, has Patriot increased the agressiveness of TRIM in this FW version ?

Just a suggestion VL, you might want to list steps for installation of FW 3.3.2 right here so all folks know to be AHCI mode with admin rights using updater tool to select FW version, etc..

I didn't have any problems running FW3.2.0/3.3.0 but I upgraded anyway.

Running a single Pyro 120GB:
    FW3.2.0
    FW3.3.2
    I didn't test FW3.3.0 as 3.3.2 came out by the time I wanted to flash it.

Will keep everyone updated if I notice anything out of the norm.

If anyone is having trouble flashing the firmware like I did, be sure to uninstall the AMD drivers first before running the update.

I kept getting "Fatal Error: Firmware download failed with error: (ECode 00000057)"

Those are good numbers. They are statistically the same each run (differences of less than 1% aren't meaningful).