Thread: Has Patriot any plans for a new model of media player?

Question Has Patriot any plans for a new model of media player?

Several new media players based on Realtek 1xx5 (1185, 1055...) appeared on the market this year and even models on Realtek 1186 are on the way this month.

I'm just wondering if Patriot Memory has any plans regarding a new model based on more recent chipset.

I was happy with my PBO, but I sold it since right now I don't have TV. I'm going to buy a new TV and a new media player too. Should I wait anything new from Patriot?

Maybe ...... http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...on-Android-2.2!

Other companies are also venturing into media players based on android some are already available. I thnk based Android media player will open up those media player to developer (Android) which is quite easy to use since it's based on JAVA.

Cheers !!!

Thank you!

Just googled "PBO Alpine" and found some rumours here:
    This product will be available in the early September 2011 with just 120 USD
    Early September 2011 is already gone. Not a big problem -- I can wait, but still hope that other part of the rumour (regarding 120 USD) will be true. I really don't want spend ~200 USD for a media player.

Quote Originally Posted by Romualds View Post
    Thank you!

I really don't want spend ~200 USD for a media player.
    I did on the Boxee and it was worth every cent. Sometimes getting by on the cheap really is not worth it.

It is up to you. But personally for me media player is not important. I got PBO as less expensive device with the most of the possibilities I needed.

BTW I bought Sienna, not much cheaper Grand Caravan as family minivan. It was important for me and my family :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Romualds View Post
    BTW I bought Sienna, not much cheaper Grand Caravan as family minivan. It was important for me and my family :-)
    BTW I bought the much cheaper Dodge Grand Caravan because it was important for me and my family to have food on the table and a roof over our heads. :-). LOL!!!

Default PBO Core XT

Found this link on the new Patriot Media players

http://www.futurelooks.com/ces-2012-...i-drive-video/

What's going on, the PBO (Alpine) seems non existent. Can PatriotMemory create a firmware to turn the PBO into the PBO Alpine ? Running youtube and a full web browser ...
    I have never been able to get youtube working
    Last edited by valem; 02-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.