Thread: Cant Delete a folder on internal harddrive

Default Cant Delete a folder on internal harddrive

Hi,

I think I have a corrupted harddrive. A folder that use to be full of files now has no files in it. I can change the folders name, but issuing a rmdir or rm -R on the folder always returns a Permission denied error via telnet. trying to delete the folder via smb share also returns a permission error.

I have looked at http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...mission+denied

and running
    mount
    returns
    /dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
    none on /dev type devfs (rw)
    none on /proc type proc (rw,nodiratime)
    devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
    none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
    none on /tmp type ramfs (rw)
    /dev/mtdblock/2 on /usr/local/etc type yaffs (rw,noatime)
    /dev/rd/0 on /mnt/rd type vfat (rw,nodiratime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp43 7,iocharset=iso8859-1)
    /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1 type ufsd (rw,nodiratime,uid=0,gid=0,fmask=0,dmask=0,sparse, force)
    /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3 on /tmp/hdd/root type ext3 (rw)
    /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /usr/local/bin/scripts/map type ufsd (rw,nodiratime,uid=0,gid=0,fmask=0,dmask=0,sparse, force)
    How can I repair this problem and remove the corrupted folder?

Connect your PBO to a PC running window using the USB host port; the small one on the back of the PBO it will be mounted as a USB drive and use scandisk on windows on the that drive. This should fix any errors and possibly recover lost data.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. All is fixed and recovered. I'm glad you gave me the info I was ready to buy a harddrive enclosure to try to fix this issue. These players are so flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by BpbusteR View Post
    Thanks for the info. All is fixed and recovered. I'm glad you gave me the info I was ready to buy a harddrive enclosure to try to fix this issue. These players are so flexible.
    You are welcome enjoy your PBO.