Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here, with M4N98TD EVO/ PGV342000ELK problems

Default New here, with M4N98TD EVO/ PGV342000ELK problems

As the title states I have both of these components and when I set the board to the XMP profile I get BSOD I have gotten it to post and boot twice and this is with everything set at stock settings I have even pushed the voltage to 1.76 and still no help. Does anyone got any ideas on some settings I can try as XMP or manual settings it wont boot over 1333 9-9-9-24 and I would like to have it boot atleast 1600 7-8-7-24

so far 8 mins into memtest 86 + I have gotten over 100 errors? it is the [random number sequence] does this mean the memory is bad or what? anyone shed some light on this subject?

Hello,

Please be aware that the memory is only intended for Intel P55 platforms. Because of this, this is the reason why it seems to cap out at 1333 9-9-9 on your platform.

Please see here for more details:
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...M3-P55-H55-H57

We would recommend flashing it to the latest bios, and upping your TRFC to 300NS, and cpu voltage to 1.30v. Other than that, it unfotunately might work at the stock speeds.

well the cpu voltage is already at 1.35 as that is stock for the 955 and I tried the 300ns but nothing seemed to work and I understand that the memory is for a intel platform but as stated before it worked twice and then it wouldnt boot at anything over 1333 even tho the system recgonizes it at your factory settings and I would like to get it to boot and run around 1800mhz with timing of 9-9-9-24 1T as I have 4 gig of Gskill 1600mhz cas 7 memory that when the timings are changed to 9-9-9-24 1T it will overclock to 1950 and boot and run fine so I would like to have this boot in around 1800 at the cas 9 settings to match the Gskill other wise I'm not very happy with my first Patriot memory as I figured I could slow it down some and adjust the timings to compensate to get it to work even by itself. Thanks for the help anyway I geuss its going in the junk box

Update to this thread. I have since changed motherboard and Cpu and this memory still wont boot at the recommended settings so I would like someone to chime in and let me know if there is something I can do specs are as follows I now have a ASRock P55 extreme mb and a core I3 560 and I can get the comp to boot and run with a bclk of 210 with my 1600 gskill memory but I cant get squat out of this patriot mem, I know I'm new at o/cing with Intel and this is the only setup I've had other than AMD, but I'm so lost as to why I cant get anymore from the mem. So any ideas from the pros would be great and much appreciated

Hello,

Here are screenshots we recommend for our Sector 5 DDR3-2000:
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...-PVV34G2000ELK

However, the limiting factor in your overclock might be your cpu. We've only qualified our DDR3-2000 on I5's and I7's. The I3's are more targeted as mainstream rather than performance.

Can you verify that you have the latest bios? If not please flash to it.

Hi, yea I have the latest bios (ver. 2.70) and I wasn't aware of the qualifying only for the 5's and 7's as this cpu overclocks very well running right now at 4.6 without even hitting 1.40 volt limit, I really am new to the Intel side of overclocking so maybe after5 some more playing aroung I can get it to post with the Patriot mem, Thanks again and I'll have to spend more time looking over the screen shots

Quote Originally Posted by smoket4279` View Post
    Hi, yea I have the latest bios (ver. 2.70) and I wasn't aware of the qualifying only for the 5's and 7's as this cpu overclocks very well running right now at 4.6 without even hitting 1.40 volt limit, I really am new to the Intel side of overclocking so maybe after5 some more playing aroung I can get it to post with the Patriot mem, Thanks again and I'll have to spend more time looking over the screen shots
    Let me know if you need any further help. However yes, since the memory controller is in the CPU, the CPU has a big role on how it can be overclocked.

Does anyone know whether or not this memory is qualified to run run at stated speeds with a xeon x3450 as it is qualified for both the 5 and the 7 so why not the xeon brother?

Quote Originally Posted by smoket4279` View Post
    Does anyone know whether or not this memory is qualified to run run at stated speeds with a xeon x3450 as it is qualified for both the 5 and the 7 so why not the xeon brother?
    To reach these memory speeds you won't get the same overclock-ability you would get with an I5/I7. The Xeon Series are more intended for Server motherboards, supporting ECC memory.

Here's a good summary from a poster here:
    http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=4695&mpage=1

IMO, if considering a Xeon for 1156, the rest are just equivalents to the 800's and 700's and are no big deal, from an enthusiast's or overclocker's standpoint. They aren't gauranteed better overclockers, they are gauranteed for what they are meant for, stock speeds and endurance.