Thread: how can i check if the netwrokport is broke

Hybrid View

Default how can i check if the netwrokport is broke

hey i have a box office, and sold our old tv than we had a littel one for 4 week and i got the new one... (we didnt use the PBO for the little one)... and i just cant seem to get the network to work again...? before the light seemed constantly to blink fast for the network connection.... now, when i plug it in it wont do anything (doesnt seem to get a network connection), but if i unplug it and plug it in the tv i can stream fine with the tv... so what can i do?
    (problem is that the tv only is limited to certain file types)
    how can i simply check if my network plug on the Box is broke.....

THANKS FOR ANY HELP !!!

Alex
    Last edited by alexwick; 09-25-2011 at 01:21 AM.

No blinking light is a bad indicator already.
    Have you tried downloading to P02 then upgrading to the latest compatible firmware ?

You can try directly connecting it with you PC (using a cross over cable if your PC doesn't support autosensing) and see if you have similar behavior.
    For further troubleshooting you need to telnet to the box (via wifi) and isse the "ifconfig" command.

Best of luck,
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Downloading to PP2 ?
    Telnet to the box? Don't have WiFi adaptor....
    Should I send it in ? There is no phone support or?
    Warrenty?

Quote Originally Posted by alexwick View Post
    Downloading to PP2 ?
    Telnet to the box? Don't have WiFi adaptor....
    Should I send it in ? There is no phone support or?
    Warrenty?
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...4612#post34612
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO