Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FW 3.3.0 experience

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier Graham View Post
    Just applied new firmware.. will let you guys know if I have any issues!
    Applied the update without any problems and did a quick Bench-test with crystaldiskmark and Atto, here are my results.. bearing in mind I haven't let TRIM do its work.. this is straight after applying the new firmware, I notice a slight improvement in read speeds actually.

PC specs...
    Intel 2600k Sandybridge OC @4.2GHz
    GA Z68AP-D3
    HIS ATI Radeon 6950 1GB
    16GB Patriot sector 5 G series DDR3 1600 Ram
    Corsair H50 (liquid cooled) CPU cooler
    1x Patriot Wildfire 120GB SSD (O.S installed)
    2x WD Caviar blue 500GB
    1x WD external WD HDD 500GB
    Tagan Piperock BZ700w PSU
    NZXT Lexa S Casing
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Too early to say if there are any problems really, will get back tomorrow and let you know.
    Regards.
    good looking benches! very nice

So kinda a newbie question here but why is it that CrystalDiskMark has such slower benchmarks on these SSD's than Patriots recommended tool ATTO?

Quote Originally Posted by obamaliar View Post
    good looking benches! very nice
    Yes Thanks there.. they are looking good indeed.

Just an update.. well its been 24hrs since applying the new firmware.. I cant say I have noticed any problems since then, I cant replicate any issues I had when I first installed my Wildfire 120GB.BSOD or random freezes? but then again my SSD was stable after applying firmware.. 3.2.0 as well.
    The difference is, I changed Motherboards from a GA P67 to a GA Z68, I didn't even have to reinstall the O.S either, just switch to AHCI from IDE in the Bios settings and Windows 7 worked as it did before with all of my programs intact.
    Perhaps its too early to say?
    I will monitor my SSD for the immediate future, and of course let you patriot blokes know if I run into any issues that might occur.. but so far for me.. the firmware seems to be stable...

Could I ask, will this be the final firmware version or are we to expect an amended version depending on any problems reported with this firmware version, in the near future?
    Thanks for your hard work in getting to the bottom of these issues.

One thing I found was this program.. for those worried about the Wildfire reporting high temps..(128 degrees) is this program, which seems to take into account the Wildfire doesn't have a heat sensor and gives quite accurate readings.
    You can get it from here if anyone is interested....
    http://openhardwaremonitor.org/
    Last edited by Brigadier Graham; 09-24-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_VL View Post
    If this does not resolve the issue then I would like to request to get the drive replaced with us. Please keep me updated.
    Well, good news (at least from here so far).

I was able to get Windows 7 x64 installed clean on to the SSD on the 1st try.
    Done with all the Driver installs, minor "tweaks" and and Major Updates (SP1 included).
    Still holding strong without a single issue.
    After getting some more items loaded and a bit more tweaking I'm going to let the system run overnight and see what the benchmark's come out to, then stress it out a bit.

Windows Experience Index right now is 7.9 across the board. With ATTO once I get to 256KB I'm averaging in the 520000 Write, 560000 Read speeds.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    MB - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Bios 1.10 (9/13/2011)
    CPU - Intel i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
    RAM - 4 x 4Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 - KHX1600C9D3K2
    GPU - MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 570 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
    SSD - Patriot Wildfire PW240GS25SSDR 240GB SATA III
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
    BR/DVD - 2x Lite-On iHBS212-08 SATA

Clean upgrade to 3.3.0 - playing with it now, I had 3 crashes with 3.2.0 in the 12 hours prior to upgrading so hopefully I'll have some data soon.

Just installed 3.3.0 from 3.2.0 (experienced a freeze -> BSOD with 3.2.0), today. So let's see how this fairs. Will keep you posted if I experience continued issues with freezing or blue screens.

Edit: The freeze -> BSOD with FW 3.2.0 ocurred four days after installing it, which was far better than once ever four hours or so.

Applied FW 3.3 without problems. ATTO benchmark shows a significant speed gain in read/write operations in 1 to 8K block sizes. Very slight decrease in 8192 r/w. Running data recovery operation on an 6 Tera RAID volume which should take 23 more hours. If it doesn't freeze up before the test is over, then I would judge it fixed.
    Intel I7 2600K, P8z68 Deluxe, Ultra X4 1050 Watt Power Supply, 16 GB Corsair Vengence 1866 Mhz Ram, Patriot Pyro 3 SSD 120 GB (FW 3.32), EVGA GTX570 HD 2560MB, CoolerMaster H100 liquid cooling, Coolermaster Full Tower, 2 Seagate 3 TB drives RAID 0 on Marvel controller, 2 Seagate 3 TB Drive on Intel contoller, BLU-RAY Burner, Win 7 Ultimate. Windows score 7.8. Running 4.7 GHz

Ironically, it just froze up on me while editing my signature on this forum! Reset didn't work, cycled the power to bring PC up. Was 1 hour into the data recovery of a drive. Note my data recovery worked fine yesterday when using a hard drive for the OS.
    Intel I7 2600K, P8z68 Deluxe, Ultra X4 1050 Watt Power Supply, 16 GB Corsair Vengence 1866 Mhz Ram, Patriot Pyro 3 SSD 120 GB (FW 3.32), EVGA GTX570 HD 2560MB, CoolerMaster H100 liquid cooling, Coolermaster Full Tower, 2 Seagate 3 TB drives RAID 0 on Marvel controller, 2 Seagate 3 TB Drive on Intel contoller, BLU-RAY Burner, Win 7 Ultimate. Windows score 7.8. Running 4.7 GHz

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticMayhem65 View Post
    So kinda a newbie question here but why is it that CrystalDiskMark has such slower benchmarks on these SSD's than Patriots recommended tool ATTO?
    because sandforce drives cannot handle incompressible data in the same manner as compressible data. CDM uses incompressible data. Atto uses compressible data.

So does 3.3 fix the bsod/drive going away problem or not? I am still on 3.20 and the amount of occurrences compared to 3.19 really improved, but after keeping my macbook pro 2011 / 15" running for a few hours, I came back to a rebooted system with the apple boot manager indicating that NO system drive can be found. power down/on fixed that.

Was hoping 3.30 should fix this, but is it?