Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 195

Thread: FW 3.3.0 experience

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    837

    Default FW 3.3.0 experience

    Some of you have contacted me about FW 3.3.0 which I am providing apon request for testing. I have created this thread to update everyone with results of their experience. I will start complying everything as we move along and updates from me.

    Please try to keep on topic as this is to help everyone on FW 3.3.0

  2. #2

    Default

    Just applied new firmware.. will let you guys know if I have any issues!
    Applied the update without any problems and did a quick Bench-test with crystaldiskmark and Atto, here are my results.. bearing in mind I haven't let TRIM do its work.. this is straight after applying the new firmware, I notice a slight improvement in read speeds actually.





    PC specs...
    Intel 2600k Sandybridge OC @4.2GHz
    GA Z68AP-D3
    HIS ATI Radeon 6950 1GB
    16GB Patriot sector 5 G series DDR3 1600 Ram
    Corsair H50 (liquid cooled) CPU cooler
    1x Patriot Wildfire 120GB SSD (O.S installed)
    2x WD Caviar blue 500GB
    1x WD external WD HDD 500GB
    Tagan Piperock BZ700w PSU
    NZXT Lexa S Casing
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit


    Too early to say if there are any problems really, will get back tomorrow and let you know.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Brigadier Graham; 09-23-2011 at 01:37 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Thank you Brigadier Graham for the update!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    v3.30.jpg
    My reads and writes got slower. For the atto shown above I let the pc idle for about an hour after i put it back together.
    v1.9 w=499414MBs r=545354MBs
    v3.3 w=491415MBs r=544125MBs

    I know I humanly can't discern the difference. After all the effort this downgrade took I will resume my past belief "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

    Can Sandforce firmware be downgraded?

    Seasonic X-650, [C] Patriot Wildfire 120G, [D] [E] WD1500HLFS, Asus Crosshair V .705 bios, Phenom II 965 @ 4Ghz, 8GB Mushkin Redline @ 1600MHz, Asus HD5870-V2, Win7pro x64

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I'm still collecting data and results...

    But, after the FW upgrade I saw the same slower results (directly after and for a few hours of sitting). I let the system sit overnight and now the Benchmark is coming out around the same as with the 3.2.0 FW.

    My main issue was actually not being able to complete the Windows 7 x64 install to the SSD. The install would slow down during the "expanding files" process and the drive would vanish or the load was unusable with the 1st reboot. I ended up having to install it to a Seagate 2TB SATA3 HDD, which worked flawlessly the 1st time. I've been using the SSD as a storage drive in this install and the drive itself seems fine this way. Benchmarks out above 500MB/s Read & write at the 256Kb and above range. No issues writing or reading data to it.

    I'm going to try again tonight when I get home from work and see how it goes with the new firmware.
    Last edited by doritos; 09-23-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    MB - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Bios 1.10 (9/13/2011)
    CPU - Intel i7 2600K 3.4Ghz
    RAM - 4 x 4Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 - KHX1600C9D3K2
    GPU - MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 570 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
    SSD - Patriot Wildfire PW240GS25SSDR 240GB SATA III
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
    BR/DVD - 2x Lite-On iHBS212-08 SATA

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnj View Post
    v3.30.jpg
    My reads and writes got slower. For the atto shown above I let the pc idle for about an hour after i put it back together.
    v1.9 w=499414MBs r=545354MBs
    v3.3 w=491415MBs r=544125MBs

    I know I humanly can't discern the difference. After all the effort this downgrade took I will resume my past belief "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

    Can Sandforce firmware be downgraded?

    Seasonic X-650, [C] Patriot Wildfire 120G, [D] [E] WD1500HLFS, Asus Crosshair V .705 bios, Phenom II 965 @ 4Ghz, 8GB Mushkin Redline @ 1600MHz, Asus HD5870-V2, Win7pro x64
    You may downgrade the firmware and it is the same procedure but you just select the older firmware.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Upgrade went fine, though a bit confusing when it's done as it just goes back to the main screen and doesn't update the version # in the display.

    Also showed my OCZ Vertex 2 on the list, didn't try to update that

    Seems to be running fine:



    So now will see if it gives me any further bluescreens; I didn't get them that often (sometimes went days without any, and i leave my computer on 24/7), so might take a while to tell.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doritos View Post
    I'm still collecting data and results...

    But, after the FW upgrade I saw the same slower results (directly after and for a few hours of sitting). I let the system sit overnight and now the Benchmark is coming out around the same as with the 3.2.0 FW.

    My main issue was actually not being able to complete the Windows 7 x64 install to the SSD. The install would slow down during the "expanding files" process and the drive would vanish or the load was unusable with the 1st reboot. I ended up having to install it to a Seagate 2TB SATA3 HDD, which worked flawlessly the 1st time. I've been using the SSD as a storage drive in this install and the drive itself seems fine this way. Benchmarks out above 500MB/s Read & write at the 256Kb and above range. No issues writing or reading data to it.

    I'm going to try again tonight when I get home from work and see how it goes with the new firmware.
    If this does not resolve the issue then I would like to request to get the drive replaced with us. Please keep me updated.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    No luck here.
    The firmware installed fine and the system appeared to be working well but woke to a disk boot failure message. The computer was left idle over night and had another random restart then failed to find the drive as usual. Had to hit restart to get it to boot.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire1 View Post
    No luck here.
    The firmware installed fine and the system appeared to be working well but woke to a disk boot failure message. The computer was left idle over night and had another random restart then failed to find the drive as usual. Had to hit restart to get it to boot.
    Wildfire1,

    I would like to your drive sent to us please! I will PM you with information on what to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •