Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This device can perform faster

Default This device can perform faster

All,

I have installed my Patriot PCIE USB3 card into my PC but I cannot get it to run at speeds any faster than USB2.

Every time I plug my USB3 HDD or USB3 stick into the port I receive the following message:

"This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Super-Speed USB 3.0 Port"

I have tried it in more than one PC with the same results. My motherboard is an ASUS P6T Deluxe and I am running Win 7 x64

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manderson View Post
    All,

I have installed my Patriot PCIE USB3 card into my PC but I cannot get it to run at speeds any faster than USB2.

Every time I plug my USB3 HDD or USB3 stick into the port I receive the following message:

"This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Super-Speed USB 3.0 Port"

I have tried it in more than one PC with the same results. My motherboard is an ASUS P6T Deluxe and I am running Win 7 x64

Thanks
    Hello,

Can you try a different PCI-E slot? Try updating the usb and/or chipset drivers as well. Try a hard reboot (clear cmos) and let me know if this resolves the issue.

If that still does not work, please try applying the drivers and firmware here:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nec.htm

You can use the f/w & drvs for NEC/RENESAS USB3 Controller.

I have tried multiple PCI-E slots with no change. I have also cleared the cmos. I have also installed the drivers you mentioned. My drivers are version 2.1.19.0 and firmware 4015

I have definitely connected the card correctly, including the power. Very disappointing that I only get copy speeds of around 25-40MB/sec.

Oh and I am using a CorsairFlash Voyager 16GB USB3.0 flash drive to copy data to for testing.

I hope you can help.

Default Any ideas or do i take the card back to the store?

Any ideas or do i take the card back to the store?

Hello,

Yes in that case, it sounds like the card maybe faulty. If you have the option to, we would recommend perhaps exchanging it for another one.

Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I have installed this PCI-e card and have updated the drivers (the firmware was already up to date), and it is still failing to connect my Western Digital My Passport 750GB external hard drive. I know for a fact this drive works and it is not a cabling issue as it performs as expected on my laptop.

I have tried installing the card on different PCI-e slots to no avail. I am highly disappointed with this product.

Hello,

If all the above troubleshooting recommendations still do not help we would recommend a replacement under warranty.

To Initiate an RMA or items relating to warranty, please visit this link here and under ‘troubleshooting’ select your product from the dropdown box and fill out the info (look at the bottom for ‘start a technical case’):
    http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/techSupportp.jsp

(This link will get your name and contact info into our Support/RMA Portal database. You will then be given a user id and password where you can make replies to your Support/RMA case. Please make a note that you already spoke to a rep regarding your issue. Furthermore afterwards, feel free to login to reply or simply await for the case to be escalated to RMA with further instructions. To escalate the case to rma, please indicate that you’ve spoken to a rep already).

I think this error is just a result of faulty USB hub.

I am also receiving the same message with my laptop. Tried it in 3 different ports already and same message appeared.

You can try using a hub and see if it's just a faulty USB port.