Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with FW 3.2.0

I've had a couple random crashes/reboots where the wildfire isn't recognized until a cold reboot. Maybe two since flashing to 3.2.0.

mb: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k
    RAM: 16gb g.skill ripjaws
    GPU: igpu
    PSU: corsair ax750

I'd be happy to take a replacement drive, but I'd appreciate cross-shipping so that I can clone the drive first. I'm happy to give a CC # for you guys to hold to make sure I send the drive back.

Default SSD lost by system

> Right now the issues everyone here is experiencing are hard to replicate but > we are one drive to freeze the system but no BSOD. We are still stress testing > the computers.

As many people told, you do not need to stress PC. Just leave it for a while (48 hours?) - and it will die (if OS is installed on WildFire) or it will just lost connection to it if it just storage.
    And actually it can be even right way for catching problem: I never had BSOD while I was using computer. It has always happened during night or lunch break when computer was in standby mode, doing nothing.
    V.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_VL View Post
    Right now the issues everyone here is experiencing are hard to replicate but we are one drive to freeze the system but no BSOD. We are still stress testing the computers.
    No need to stress test at all, I'll send you my drive will lock whenever you try to install windows =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    No need to stress test at all, I'll send you my drive will lock whenever you try to install windows =P.
    I have PM'ed with information on sending the drive back to us.

As for stress testing we do multiple different things on the test systems. Having it idle through the night is one of them. I have multiple systems up all doing different things.

Default Random crashes

Specs:

Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    BIOS version: 0606
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k
    RAM: 16GB G Skill DDR3-1600
    PSU: 1000 Watt
    Video: AMD Radeon HD 6970

After I updated the firmware, when I'm not home, or in the middle of the night; the PC just restarts and my storage drive is set as primary. There isn't an OS on that drive, and the cursor just blinks. I shutdown the PC, turn it back on and go into the BIOS. It now detects the drive again, and am able to change the boot order. However, I'm doing this every day now. I don't understand how all of us are having these problems, yet in the "closed environment", you're not able to replicate the issue. Are we able to go back to the older firmware?

Default error reproducibility

> I don't understand how all of us are having these problems, yet in the "closed environment", you're not able to replicate the issue.

When I have bought this WildFire SSD and started to have issues with it, I did search in internet. I have found some testing report for this drives from some company (can not find them again) where they say that about 1% of Patriot WildFire SSD's have this issue. It looks like we are in this unlucky 1%.
    Bad thing is that I have RMA'ed it once - and have the same issue.
    May be we just need to send our defective drives to Patriot, and they will test really bad ones instead of stressing good ones they have?
    V.V.

Default Old firmware

I'm just angry at myself for upgrading to the new firmware version. I'm kicking myself now.

My Patriot Wildfire was working fine for a few days but just had the problem this morning not even doing much just browsing the web.

MSI Z68-gd80
    16gb ram

All drivers are updated using AHCI and it is plugged into my intel chipset sata 3 port.

Not really causing a problem for me but i would like it if it was fixed at some point.

Thanks.

I have updated to the 3.2.0 and have the following hardware configuration:

Intel i7 2500k
    G-B Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Coolermaster Hyper-212+
    G.Skill DDR3 2133 Ripjaws-X 8G (4Gx2)
    2x 1G GTX560 Gigabyte
    Windows 7 Ultimate

I have suffered a couple Stop 7A blue screen errors and two Stop F4 errors.

Sure looking forward to a solution!!!

a little update for this bsod problem:

i've RMA-ed my drive a few days ago and since then it has being run for 5 days continously perfectly! it still use original FW, i'm not planning to upgrade the FW in the meantime though.

my conclusion: i think it may have been some batch which having defect production