Pyro mounting bracket and other questions
1) Where/what should I buy to mount a pyro in a 3.5 slot of a desktop case?
2) Do any Patriot drives come with a 2.5 to 3.5 mounting bracket?
3) Are 2.5 to 3.5 mounting brackets all the same?
4 Can a Pyro drive be placed into any sata port?
I couldn't get Pyro to work until mounted in sata port 0.
I will experiement moving it now to the external 2.5 slot.
The drive is identified as SCSI in BIOS and wondered if there can be gaps
between port 0 and 5 in a machine.
5) Getting writes of 454,975 bytes per second. Reads 526,344 bytes per second using ATTO.
Does this compare well to other Patriot drives?
6) How is an image posted on this BBS to show speed comparisons?
I7 Quad core 2600 8 gigabytes of memory. Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3.
Last edited by West; 08-17-2011 at 04:49 AM.
1. Most 2.5 to 3.5 mounting bracket should work.
2. Our Wildfire drives some with a 3.5 bracket
3. Most of them are, if they state it is for 2.5 notebook hard drives to 3.5 then it should be ok.
4. Pyro should work in SATA II and SATA III ports just fine. Did you check for the latest BIOS version?
5. What capacity Pyro drive do you have? 60GB? As for speed, go take a look at our SSD line up.
Pyro is our second fatest SATA III drive.
6. You need to host he image online and link the image.