*PLEASE READ* Wildfire/Pyro/Pyro SE FW troubleshooting/install guide & tips
Please go to this link on our website for the latest firmware update 3.3.2
- Some people are having issues using the Patriot updater tool. Try right clicking and selecting "run as administrator" and apply the firmware.
- If you are using Marvell controller and unable to update the firmware or the updater tool does not see the drive. Please plug the drive in another sata port and see if it will be recognized. This goes for you if your drive is the main OS drive or as a secondary drive.
- If you have the drives in a RAID, you cannot update the firmware as it is not being recognized as a individual drives anymore. You will need to break the RAID and update the drive individually.
- If you updated the firmware and benchmark it right after and getting low numbers. Please let your system idle over night without your system going into sleep or hibernation mode. This will let TRIM and CG do its work, this should bring back performance.
- If the updater tool is not updating the firmware on your drive, check that your sata mode in BIOS is set to AHCI. Set the drive in sata ports 0/1 and also make sure you have the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.
*Here is txt format of the install guide*
WILDFIRE/ PYRO/ PYRO SE
Firmware Upgrade Instructions
[Update Version 3.3.2]
Revision Release Date Purpose & Change Description
1.0 Oct 24, 2011 Initial Release
A) Patriot Memory assumes no responsibility for data loss or damage to any other system hardware. Flash at your own risk!
B) This firmware version should be non-destructible, and can be done within the same host drive/operating system, however Patriot Memory still highly recommends to backup data on the drive before beginning upgrade.
C) This firmware flash is compatible for Windows XP, Vista, and 7 32-64bit
Firmware Update Procedure:
STEP 1 – Download and extract contents from Patriotmemory.com. It should extract two files: WP FW 3.3.2.ffp (actual FW) and Patriot_SSD_updater (updating tool). Extract the files to your desktop.
Step 2 – Double click on patriot_ssd_updater to open the program. For Vista or Windows 7, you may need to right-click and select ‘run as administrator.’
Step 2a – It will automatically scan for Wildfire or (or Sandforce based Drives). If it does not, select “rescan for drives” icon on the bottom left.
Step 3 – Under FW rev look for 3xxABBFO, select the targeted drive. Check the box to the left of it. There must be a drive selected to proceed to the next step.
Step 4 – Select “update firmware” on the bottom left. Locate the firmware file “Wildfire_3-x-x.ffp.” A message prompt will appear to confirm the flash. Select ‘PROCEED’ and the flash process will begin. A green arrow pointing down will indicate that the flash is in progress. The flash should take about one minute to complete. Please do not turn off the system or remove the drive during the update process.
Step 5 – It should display a green check to show you that the drive has been updated. You can select “rescan for drives” under FW rev, it should list as 3xxABBFO.
Green Arrow – Flash Complete Double-check 332ABBF0
If any problems occur during the firmware upgrade, please visit http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/techSupportp.jsp to open up a support ticket for technical assistance.
We are experiencing some issues with Nvidia chipsets to where the updater tool cannot recognize the drive to apply the firmware. We have tested on 680, 790 and 980. We are looking into this issue in trying to get it resolved.
So if you have this chipset please try to update the firmware on another system.
For Gigabyte motherboard users. This might improve compatibility/performance.