Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriot WildFire 120GB: Random freeze, Sudden reset, BSOD

Default I've been having the same issues

I've been having the exact same issues, computer slowing down to a crawl (usually followed by a bluescreen)

I updated the firmware last night.
    However, this morning I woke up to a bluescreen with only two lines on it

"STOP: C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I also received a STOP F4 code only 30mins ago, when I plugged in an external hdd.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyeoh View Post
    I just got a BSOD after coming home. A slight different is it shows a Red Fatal Warning Message Windows, which is waiting for user to response then only BSOD after I clicked 'OK'.
    I remember the message content is something about "..... bla bla bla.... Asic 16 xy ... bla bla bla". I am not really understand the message and just clicked OK.
    The same BSOD is then revisited. BSOD code is about x000F4, same as last time.
    Ok at this time I would like to get your drive sent to us to be diagnosed and determine if your drive is defective. I will PM with more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_VL View Post
    Ok at this time I would like to get your drive sent to us to be diagnosed and determine if your drive is defective. I will PM with more information.
    So I just need to buy a small postage box and mail it?
    What should I write on the "Recipient" label?
    How long will it take? (sigh... T_T have to redo my OS to another drive again...)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyeoh View Post
    So I just need to buy a small postage box and mail it?
    What should I write on the "Recipient" label?
    How long will it take? (sigh... T_T have to redo my OS to another drive again...)
    Please refer to your PM, all the info is in there and our RMA dept will work with you.

Hey Patriot_VL,

Does Patriot acknowledge the BSOD issue with 3.2.0 Wildfire? Is there a fix coming? What is your recommended solution?

Right now we had one system running 240GB Wildfire 3.2.0 FW that locked up. We are diagnosing that drive to find out what has happened. The other systems are still testing with no issues.

Purchased my 120G Wildfire on 7/23. It had been great until last week without any FW updates. It started freezing and would not resume even after 30min of waiting. In the last 3 days, it has frozen once per day. When it froze today, the drive disappeared from the BIOS after resetting.

I was able to add the drive back into the BIOS but now I'm starting to get worried. It may be developing more severe issues similar to those experienced by other Sata 3 Sandforce chipset users. Should I update the Firmware to Rev 3.2.0?

Thanks...
    cjoe

This platform has been stable for 2yrs with Raptor and Velociraptor mechanical drives. The Highpoint controller was working fine on this platform with my Plextor PX-128 (non Sandforce) SSD for over a month.

ASUS P5Q-Pro
    Quad Core 9660
    8GB Mem
    Highpoint 620 Sata III Controller
    Wildfire 120GB SSD (AHCI)
    Win7 x64
    Last edited by cjoe; 08-23-2011 at 09:25 AM.

My last post was about 4 days ago and now it is about 1 week that I have updated my wildfire 120GB with 3.2.0 firmware. My system is about 10 to 12 hours a day, up and yet I do not have any problem after update.
    As a refrence I should say that I have an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula mainboard based on AMD 890FX chipset and AMD 850 southbridge. I use my SSD on a SATA III port with its special cable and in the AHCI mode. My CPU is a Phenom II X6 1075T. After I have updated the SSD's firmware , although windows was running on that, I made a clean install of windows 7 Enterprise X64 with all the new drivers that I had downloaded.
    I have also a Windows 2008 enterprise on my system which I use for my personal lab(It is installed on the same drive that I use for Windows 7 but on another partition) and it works very well the same as my windows 7.
    Also, because I have 16GB of Patriot 2000Ghz Viper DDR III memory installed on my system, I have disabled the virtual memry for both of my windows.
    So far my system works without a heck.
    I do not know what would be the problem for some other friends in this forum, but I suggest they also use a fresh install of windows and the latest drivers of their hardwares.
    In the same way, it would be of help if you search about the possible defects and bugs in your mainboards chips and any incompatibility that they may cause , as you may remember the defects in some previous Intel chipsets such as P65's model.
    I really hope all of your problems solve as soon as possible.
    And this is the result of my ATTO test.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aminel1358; 08-23-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: adding some information

Quote Originally Posted by aminel1358 View Post
    My last post was about 4 days ago and now it is about 1 week that I have updated my wildfire 120GB with 3.2.0 firmware. My system is about 10 to 12 hours a day, up and yet I do not have any problem after update.
    As a refrence I should say that I have an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula mainboard based on AMD 890FX chipset and AMD 850 southbridge. I use my SSD on a SATA III port with its special cable and in the AHCI mode. My CPU is a Phenom II X6 1075T. After I have updated the SSD's firmware , although windows was running on that, I made a clean install of windows 7 Enterprise X64 with all the new drivers that I had downloaded.
    I have also a Windows 2008 enterprise on my system which I use for my personal lab(It is installed on the same drive that I use for Windows 7 but on another partition) and it works very well the same as my windows 7.
    Also, because I have 16GB of Patriot 2000Ghz Viper DDR III memory installed on my system, I have disabled the virtual memry for both of my windows.
    So far my system works without a heck.
    I do not know what would be the problem for some other friends in this forum, but I suggest they also use a fresh install of windows and the latest drivers of their hardwares.
    In the same way, it would be of help if you search about the possible defects and bugs in your mainboards chips and any incompatibility that they may cause , as you may remember the defects in some previous Intel chipsets such as P65's model.
    I really hope all of your problems solve as soon as possible.
    And this is the result of my ATTO test.
    I updat my firmware wildifre, i make a new fresh win 7 install whit all drivers, 2-3 day whitout problem, and after that, bsode blue screen freeze reboot com back again. I have another SSD installed on my computer (not sandforce 2XXX) and he run correctly. Then, i think the sandforce 2XXX controller is the problem today. Many other SSD whit sandforce 2XXX controller (OCZ, Corsair..) Have this issue. We can only hope to get a good firmware.
    Last edited by Mseirco; 08-23-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjoe View Post
    Purchased my 120G Wildfire on 7/23. It had been great until last week without any FW updates. It started freezing and would not resume even after 30min of waiting. In the last 3 days, it has frozen once per day. When it froze today, the drive disappeared from the BIOS after resetting.

I was able to add the drive back into the BIOS but now I'm starting to get worried. It may be developing more severe issues similar to those experienced by other Sata 3 Sandforce chipset users. Should I update the Firmware to Rev 3.2.0?

Thanks...
    cjoe

This platform has been stable for 2yrs with Raptor and Velociraptor mechanical drives. The Highpoint controller was working fine on this platform with my Plextor PX-128 (non Sandforce) SSD for over a month.

ASUS P5Q-Pro
    Quad Core 9660
    8GB Mem
    Highpoint 620 Sata III Controller
    Wildfire 120GB SSD (AHCI)
    Win7 x64
    We recommend updating the drives firmware to 3.2.0