1. Setup went okay on four 3TB HDD's in RAID 5.
2. The first file I tried copying to the device caused the drive in bay 1 to become disconnected. The whole array failed after that.
3. Rebuilt the array and tried copying a different file. This caused bay 1 and 2 to become disconnected.
4. I tried several different ways of rebuilding the array including taking all the drives out and installing/formatting them in a different pc/enclosure. Same result: drive 1 and 2 still said both failed.
5. After all this I cannot perform any setup on it. It shows its configuring, but isn't. So now it just beeps two beeps continusously with drive bay 1's status light dark and the system status light is red. I can't even log into the web interface because it can't find the system at all.
All in all its a wonderful product on paper.