Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mms player/mythfrontend for the pbo, asus oplay, fat - a 3rd party player

I dont think installing mythtv will help you. I can set myth=true and set the ip to that of the pbo and all I get is an error message that it cant connect to the db - no crash. First are you absolutely sure your tmp directory is writeable. I do
    cd /usr/local/etc/ketlaer/bin
    ./mms -u root -p ../tmp

go into your temp dir, in my case /usr/local/etc/ketlaer/tmp
    and vi dummy
    then do a :wq
    to save. can you write it.
    Also is your directory set right for your files?

My recollection with the asus was it wouldn't even show the main menu without crashing (not freezing), so I am sure we can get things working for you.

If all this fails I can put the same firmware as you have on my pbo and try. Can you email me the download link.

James

PS I am running v7.0.6 r4318 (per system info tab). I put this on a while ago as it had much better upnp behaviour
    Last edited by jm_maclaren; 05-16-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Update: For those interested in running mms as a mythfrontend, I can:
    schedule/watch recordings with comm skip, view upcoming recordings, and launch by pressing the power key on your remote from the dvdplayer app. A second press of the power key reboots the box. So, its a lot more user friendly at last.
    I am running it on a PBO, FAT+, CT, and ASUS O'Play without issues.
    TBD/ISSUES:
    not sure commskipping is quite right
    cannot playback a program that is recording without stuttering
    modify upcoming recording schedule

PM if interested

After a long hiatus I came back to this and found some problems where I had hard coded my backend into the code so it would crash if the backend was elsewhere. Anyone interested in this late me know. Commercial skipping seems right now and I am running against 0.26

Hello jm_maclaren.

I'm interested by your project. Could you please put it on your code.google page, or at least send me by PM ?

Thanks
    Tof

I visit here so infrequently, so hence the delay in responding. I'll put it together for you over the weekend.