Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mms player/mythfrontend for the pbo, asus oplay, fat - a 3rd party player

it is my understanding that if you want to link with the asus libraries - which mms does - yoiu need to use the cross compiler which is part of their gpl release.

Yes, that would be in the sdelinux-5.03.06-1.i386.rpm, right? After installing that, in the Scratchbox instructions I mentioned above, you would set the sb2 - init to point at our cross compiler:

cd $BUILDROOT
    sb2-init -c "/usr/bin/qemu-mipsel -cpu 24Kf" -A mipsel -M mips wdtvmipsel /[full path to our cross compiler]

From the instructions:

Using sbox2 to cross-compile

It's pretty simple. You do the same what you always do to compile something, but you now prepend the command with sb2. So for a simple project it looks like this:

Code: Select all
    sb2 ./configure --prefix=/usr
    sb2 make
    sb2 -eR make install

What happens here exactly? sb2 ensures that certain paths are remapped before being used. For example if configure calls "gcc" it will really use the mips-linux-gcc, but it won't know about it. Also /usr is really $BUILDROOT/usr when we make install.
    ...maybe it's not worth the hassle...be nice to have a little build environment for it *shrug*.

I try to modify the movieconf to make it a stand alone player but it still freezes when I try to play a movie and still seem to be looking for the database eventhough it is set to false in the movieconfig.

movieconfig:

mythtv = false
    #server = 192.168.1.78
    #user = mythtv
    #pass = mythtv
    #db = mythconverg

And yet it still look for mythconverg on port 192.168.1.78 as soon as I select "play video from the hard drive"; is it hardcoded somewhere in one of the libraries???? Any Idea how to stop mms from looking for the database (mythconverg).

Thank you.

I fixed the bug (hopefully) download just the mms binary as mms.tgz go to your /etc/local/ketlaer/bin direcory and tar xvzf mms.tgz to overwrite your old one. I have this file stored at https://sites.google.com/site/ketlaer1/downloads
    let me know how it works. Also dont comment out the server, user,pass,db fields. Just change set mythtv = false
    James
    Last edited by jm_maclaren; 05-15-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jm_maclaren View Post
    I fixed the bug (hopefully) download just the mms binary as mms.tgz go to your /etc/local/ketlaer/bin direcory and tar xvzf mms.tgz to overwrite your old one. I have this file stored at https://sites.google.com/site/ketlaer1/downloads
    let me know how it works. Also dont comment out the server, user,pass,db fields. Just change set mythtv = false
    James
    Unfortunately same results as with the previous version; the screen frezzes up with the red dot on the right hand corner and mms is still looking for the database server. Here's output from run:

Code:
    Config: Opening configuration file /usr/local/etc/ketlaer/etc/mms/Config
    [RTDINP]init
    [RTDAUD]init
    [RTDMOV]init
    loading last saved playlist
    [RTDAUD]setvol 100
    Warning, thumbnailer not found, please install mplayer plugin
    OPTIONS: Could not open options file ../tmp/options/PythonOptions
    [LIBKETLAER]ir b14eb649 0 1000015
    [RTDINP]str = DOWN
    [LIBKETLAER]ir f50ab649 0 1000005
    [RTDINP]str = ENTER
    [LIBKETLAER]ir f50ab649 0 1000005
    [RTDINP]str = ENTER
    mythconverg
    mythtv
    mythtv
    [LIBKETLAER]ir f708fb04 0 ffffffff
    And here's the extract of movieconf:

# mythtv database information

mythtv = false
    server = 192.168.1.78
    user = mythtv
    pass = mythtv
    db = mythconverg

Keep up the great work you are doing here you are almost there.

Snappy46

EDIT: I also change this:

mov_dir = /tmp/recordings

to this:

mov_dir = /tmp/usbmounts

in the movieconf file hoping it would help finding my movies on my USB Drive connected to PBO; but still the same results.
    Last edited by snappy46; 05-15-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Ok, I will test some more with an ip that isn't my backend to see what the problem is. Stay tuned....
    James

Ps. So when you have the directory where your movie files are stored in movie.config and you select the video menu from the main mms menu do you see your files laid out on a grid? Does it freeze when you select a file to play or when you leave the main menu?
    Last edited by jm_maclaren; 05-15-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jm_maclaren View Post
    Ok, I will test some more with an ip that isn't my backend to see what the problem is. Stay tuned....
    James

Ps. So when you have the directory where your movie files are stored in movie.config and you select the video menu from the main mms menu do you see your files laid out on a grid? Does it freeze when you select a file to play or when you leave the main menu?
    Everything freezees up as soon as I select the "Play video on the Hard drive menu" it never get to the file laid out on a grid like it does for music and pictures menu selection. It stays at the main menu and unresponsive.

Cheers !!!

I think this is a firmware issue. I had this problem with the latest firmware on the asus o'play, and rolled back a version and all was ok. What are you running? Can you try rolling back to an earlier version. My pbo is running an old playon version. I just set the backend ip to 192.168.1.120 - which doesn't have a mysql server running and with mythtv = false it was fine. My guess is the assu libraries are incompatible with some of the latest realtek sdk & frmware, and we don;t have access to more recent asus libraries

/usr/local/etc/ketlaer/bin # uname -a
    Linux PlayonHD 2.6.12.6-VENUS #5 Thu Jan 21 09:20:06 CST 2010 mips unknown

More firmware here: http://tinyurl.com/6avtm22

Ah This might be the problem; I am running P70R2 (BCN) version. This SDK version 3.0 maybe I need a firmware with SDK version 2. What ACRyan firmware are you running?? 4107 ???

Can't revert back right now I have too nany things customized and thru the development of Movie Jukebox. Maybe I'll just try to install the myth TV backend on my PC and see if this help.

Thanks.