Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA.P70R2 Moddable bootcode neutral

Default BETA.P70R2 Moddable bootcode neutral

Bootcode neutral, for ALL PBO owners.
    SquashFS root image was unpacked and packed as a yaffs2 image (and config.xml modified properly).

As usual (with any firmware upgrade be it official or custom), please don't attempt unless you can recover serially. This isn't official and is not endorsed by PM in any way.

BETA.P70R2(BCN)

Code:
    / # df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root               138.0M     91.4M     46.6M  66% /
    /dev/mtdblock/2          18.0M      1.3M     16.7M   7% /usr/local/etc
    /dev/rd/0                40.0k     40.0k         0 100% /mnt/rd
    P70R2 Megapack

BETA.P70R2(BCN).megapack

Code:
    # df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                78.6M     71.0M      7.6M  90% /
    /dev/mtdblock/2          69.1M     68.7M    436.0k  99% /usr/local/etc
    /dev/rd/0                40.0k     40.0k         0 100% /mnt/rd
    • Squeeze everything in there, both IMS modules from PBO and ACR, metafeeds, xLive and RSS-Jukebox.
    • Unlocked YT in PM IMS menu.
    • Updated moServices, remember to enable BT/SAMBA (partially working more on the later).
    • Added ipkg-cl for optware installation, reworked directly structure for enable write access (without remount) to opt, unicgi and various IMS-Modules folders for a more smooth customizable experience (not to mention faster bootup too).
    • Added Snappy's Simple RSS Jukebox.
    • Added Snappy's Canada weather.
    • Added Tourist's MMS/RTMP support with flvstreamer.

Tips
    • moServices web interface: access it directly "http://<player_ip_address>/cgi-bin/services.cgi"
    • more space to install optware: remove "/usr/local/bin/scripts/bin" this should free 8 MBs

TODO's (all help is welcomed)
    • Filter out unused images, they are about 20MB and I think about 3MB of images only gets used in the IMS menus.
    • moServices doesn't work with this firmware whenever a translation is required (this includes YT and any other vedio services except RSS based) not sure about the reason because I have the very same versions of the modules running on P61R1 without a problem (except for shoutcast), I made sure AWK is added properly, any insights ?!

Release Notes:
    Pre-installation setup: You MUST fully erase your PBO prior to the firmware upgrade to do that follow "tourist" advice below.
    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Only after I downgrade it to P02, which went through the flashing process twice (i.e. reboot in between), and then re-flash with IMS YT firmware with 2 flashing processes solved the problem. Unlike my previous update, all the settings (including date/time/network) were all gone.
    Metafeeds: go to metafeeds.com, create an account (note user name). telnet to the box and remount / as rw. Edit /usr/local/bin/scripts/menu.rss and replace the "username" in the "fav_username" inside the menu.rss with your metafeeds.com account name, or use the following sed command
    Code:
    # sed -i "s/username/YourUserName/g" /usr/local/bin/scripts/menu.rss
    RSS-Jukebox: To get this jukebox running get the TViXiE2Playon!HD (how to here). And the file you will want to edit to add your jukebox path to is in "/usr/local/bin/scripts/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss" or in "/usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/scripts/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss", you will need to remount / as rw when you are editing it as well. For more info about configuring a network based jukebox read here.

PBO BT web interface : access "http://YOUR.PBO.IP/WebTorrentHome.html"

Need more Asian feeds ? check BB88's post here.

Credits:

Metafeeds : vonck (POHD-forums)
    xLive : Cap (Xtreamer-forums)
    Jukebox : OoD (POHD-forums)
    mos : FarVoice (O!Play-forums)
    rssex : timduck (iconbit-forums)
    srjg : Snappy46 (PBO-forums)
    MMS/RTMP : tourist (PBO-forums)
    Mods and edits where necessary : aasoror (PBO-forums)
    Last edited by aasoror; 06-27-2011 at 12:36 AM.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Well it's about time !!!!!! What took you so long anyway.....

I thought I would have to do it myself so I can finally upgrade from my P61 (BC16).

Yaffs is quite important to me because of all the mods/extras I have installed.

Thanks buddy; I appreciate all your efforts; keep up the great work.

Cheers !!!

P70R2 Megapack released

Can please look into the moService issue guys ?
    I have the following observations: when translation is involved you would get a "can't open file" message (as soon as network starts to fetch the file), might be either translation related of the fetched files are not compatible, but the funny thing is YT works fine from the PBO IMS menu and on metafeeds, yet fails with the same error from moService.

Another thing I noted is the /usr/local/etc/bin/scripts folder (where IMS resides) had the bin folder (7MB of size) which contained the translator and media player used with metafeeds in early ACR releases (before support became native), any way I though PM developers just needlessly copied it as a part of metafeeds (I did so with P61R1 but later realized it wasn't needed). Any way, I did notice that if you would remove this folder from P70R1 metafeeds would run as normal, but moService videos that was giving a "can't read file" error now doesn't give any feedback at all (flashes back and forth an thats it).

Weird ... !!
    Last edited by aasoror; 04-08-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

thank you first for the latest release!

just installed and find a little problem on editing menu.rss in /usr/local/bin/scripts/, no matter what I changed in the menu.rss file, the IMS menu is still same, it looks like the IMS is not controlled by the menu.rss. Any idea how to fix it?

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by wchen View Post
    thank you first for the latest release!

just installed and find a little problem on editing menu.rss in /usr/local/bin/scripts/, no matter what I changed in the menu.rss file, the IMS menu is still same, it looks like the IMS is not controlled by the menu.rss. Any idea how to fix it?

thanks again!
    Did you check in "/usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/scripts/" .?

Sorry but i'm newbie. What is a difference between BETA.P70R2(BCN) and BETA.P70R2(BCN).megapack?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniaczek View Post
    Sorry but i'm newbie. What is a difference between BETA.P70R2(BCN) and BETA.P70R2(BCN).megapack?
    All the extras mentioned in the first post.

Tell me if i'm wrong - Youtube is working only on "megapack"?
    Can i install that on official P04 or i have to first downgrade to P02?

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    Did you check in "/usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/scripts/" .?
    it works now! thank you very much! so the menu.rss in /usr/local/bin/scripts/ has nothing to do with the IMS menu anymore! I can even delete it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maniaczek View Post
    Tell me if i'm wrong - Youtube is working only on "megapack"?
    Can i install that on official P04 or i have to first downgrade to P02?
    youtube is working in both BCN and megapack.BCN version. it works like a charm!

normally I downgrade to P02 and then upgrade to the newest one, since the P02 is officical version it won't hurt except a littler bit more time!