Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BETA.P70R2 Moddable bootcode neutral

Quote Originally Posted by wchen View Post
    it works now! thank you very much! so the menu.rss in /usr/local/bin/scripts/ has nothing to do with the IMS menu anymore! I can even delete it!
    It is not a good idea to delete the /usr/local/bin/scripts/menu.rss. The menu.rss that is present in the /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/scripts/ is only of copy of it and the original should not be removed. The savedrss is where the add url are stored and other things you may add to you IMS.

Granted the dvplayer app; that's the main application running the PBO look on the savedrss first to see if anything there but if it does not find anything there then it will revert back to the /usr/local/bin/scripts/ directory to find the rss feeds.

Cheers !!!

Hi aasoror,

I notice that on the P70R2 (BNC) the Podcast.rss file is the wrong one in the /usr/local/bin/scripts/ directory therefore the video podcast do not work like they suppose to. The Podcast.rss is the same as the podcast.rss that has been on the previous firmware but was never used. It appear as if you deleted the good Podcast.rss and rename the podcast.rss as Podcast.rss. The official firmware P70R2 has the proper Podcast.rss feed so you can get it from there if you want. I can not confirm this on the P70R2 (BNC) Mega since I am not using that one.

I just replace the Podcast.rss on my PBO with the proper one from the official firmware so no biggies but I thought I would bring it up to your attention.

Other than that everything is working great ....... Thanks again.

Default Could not install the transmission due to run out of space in /opt/bin

Thanks for the 70R2 mega pack release.

The metafeed favorite started working after updating the script below.
    sed -i "s/username/<username>/g" /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/scripts/menu.rss

Shoucast online radio listing showed up but none of the link works for me.

I start loving Transmission instead of BT. I tried to install Transmission it failed because " /opt/bin" did not have enough space even I moved the msdl, flv and rtmp to internal HDD and created soft link but it did not help either. Will appreciate any workaround.

/usr/local/etc/linked/opt/bin # /opt/bin/ipkg-opt install transmission
    Installing transmission (2.22-1) to /opt/...
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...2-1_mipsel.ipk
    wget: write error: No space left on device
    Nothing to be done
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget -q -P /opt/ipkg-EBTRwR http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...2-1_mipsel.ipk'
    Failed to download transmission. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    Last edited by amirtai; 04-10-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amirtai View Post
    Thanks for the 70R2 mega pack release.

The metafeed favorite started working after updating the script below.
    sed -i "s/username/<username>/g" /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/scripts/menu.rss

I start loving Transmission instead of BT. I tried to install Transmission it failed because " /opt/bin" did not have enough space even I moved the msdl, flv and rtmp to internal HDD and created soft link but it did not help either. Will appreciate any workaround.

/usr/local/etc/linked/opt/bin # /opt/bin/ipkg-opt install transmission
    Installing transmission (2.22-1) to /opt/...
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...2-1_mipsel.ipk
    wget: write error: No space left on device
    Nothing to be done
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget -q -P /opt/ipkg-EBTRwR http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...2-1_mipsel.ipk'
    Failed to download transmission. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    Try to issue the following command before running the script and see if it helps:

# mount -o remount,rw /

Also type in the command df and see if you actually have room left.

# df

Look for space left on /usr/local/etc/
    Last edited by snappy46; 04-10-2011 at 03:49 AM.

To create more space, one may try using the USB-TTL cable and issue the "erase -m" command before installing this new firmware. It is helpful in installing certain universal firmware. Not sure if that would help here too. Just give it a try if you have the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    It appear as if you deleted the good Podcast.rss and rename the podcast.rss as Podcast.rss. The official firmware P70R2 has the proper Podcast.rss feed so you can get it from there if you want.
    The contents BCN (no mega) is a direct untouched copy of the official firmware. I bet if you opened the two files you should find them same, but apparently the cap was changed either during extraction from the squash image or during repacking the yaffs image (perhaps because I am using the case insensitive windows).
    For those experiencing the same issue just rename the file from telnet to fix the case and you should be fine.
    Thanks snappy for catching this.
    Unfortunately I am no longer running the megapack (reverted to P61 megapack) because my inability to find a workaround for the moServices problem mentioned in the OP , come on guys, help me fix this.

moServices (responsible for shoutcast) is not fully functioning on this release for reasons beyond my comprehension.
    If you need more space just remove the following folder /usr/local/bin/scripts/bin, this should free about 8MB which is more than enough to be able to install Transmission.
    The other workaround because you have an HDD is to overmount /opt/bin on your HDD.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    The contents BCN (no mega) is a direct untouched copy of the official firmware. I bet if you opened the two files you should find them same, but apparently the cap was changed either during extraction from the squash image or during repacking the yaffs image (perhaps because I am using the case insensitive windows).

Unfortunately I am no longer running the megapack (reverted to P61 megapack) because my inability to find a workaround for the moServices problem mentioned in the OP , come on guys, help me fix this.
    Hmmm!!! very strange I did have both file opened and extracted (unsquash for official firmware / unyaffs for your version) and the official had Podcast.rss and podcast.rss while your version only had Podcast.rss no podcast.rss to be found however the content of the Podcast.rss was the same as the podcast.rss on the official firmware ???. I still have those two firmware extracted on my drive but I will download yours again and have a second look ..... very strange indeed.

Ah! aasoror I could only wish I had the time to look into the problem with moservice but I could not even find the time to even convert the 70R2 firmware from squashfs to yaffs I had to wait for you to do it. I need to send my wife and kids on vacations somewhere for a few weeks so that I can have some time to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    Hmmm!!! very strange I did have both file opened and extracted (unsquash for official firmware / unyaffs for your version) and the official had Podcast.rss and podcast.rss while your version only had Podcast.rss no podcast.rss to be found however the content of the Podcast.rss was the same as the podcast.rss on the official firmware ???. I still have those two firmware extracted on my drive but I will download yours again and have a second look ..... very strange indeed.
    That explains it then, as I mentioned earlier the unpacking was done my case insensitive windows machine, which means one file overwrote the other

I used to add case sensitivity to windows XP using Unix tools for windows (not sure of the exact name), but there is no such package for Win 7, might be a component buried somewhere, need to look further into this.

By the way, this is a very VERY BAD software development practices from PM contractor (even on a case sensitive development environment)
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    ...I used to add case sensitivity to windows XP using Unix tools for windows (not sure of the exact name), but there is no such package for Win 7, might be a component buried somewhere, need to look further into this...
    It's now known as 'Subsystem for Unix-based Applications' (SUA) in Windows 7 and you have to have the Ultimate or Enterprise version installed which is a pain. Here's an SUA community page with lots of stuff on it: http://www.suacommunity.com/SUA.aspx
    Last edited by canadave; 04-13-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Hi all,

So with this BCN FW, will I be able to edit the workgroup and netbios name along with several other neat hacks I've read about that seem to no longer work since they have locked down the FW more than in the past? If not, is there another FW that will let me do this? Thanks a bunch!