Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: BETA.P70R2 Moddable bootcode neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Ontario View Post
    New to this thread. I have this PBO as soon as it was available in the North America with bootcode 16 and with recently updated to official firmware P61. Am I correct to assume that I can use this semi official firmware BETA-P70R2 with just flashing to P02 and then flashing this BETA-P70R2 without modding to bootcode 18? Am I correct that bootcode neutral means whatever bootcode my PBO has, I can flash this BETA-P70R2 provided that I pre-flash my PBO to P02 as pre-requisite? My primary purpose to upgrade to this BETA-P70R2 was to use an external USB DVD ROM drive to play movies I own. My dvd players were all dead and I have no intention to buy another dvd player nor a blue ray player. Secondary purpose is able to watch asian TV channels via this PBO. Please confirm my understanding is correct as I do not want to brick my PBO nor making a special serial cable, thanks.
    Yes semi-official P70R2(BCN) --> Boot Code Neutral will work fine with bootcode 16; there are no requirement to first flash P02. P02 is simply a firmware that seems to clean up a lot of things in the PBO so it is used sometimes to give the PBO a good reset and clear up some of the weird problems that can not be explained. Therefore flashing P02 is only needed if you experience any weird problems/behaviour from the PBO; it can be used at anytime to resolve those weird issues.

Cheers !!!

PS: Make sure that you let the flash process completely finish before you remove your USB stick containing the firmware image. The PBO might have to reboot a couple of time before the flash is complete. Once it finally return you to the setup menu the flash is complete and you are good to go.
    Last edited by snappy46; 04-02-2013 at 12:59 PM.

snappy,

Thanks very much for the confirmation and the info about the P02. After I flashed the P70R2(BCN), connected a USB DVD ROM drive, inserted a DVD movie and the movie autoplayed. The remote control works well with the PBO and the DVD ROM drive. Very nice! Thanks all those who made this possible.