Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple RSS Jukebox

Quote Originally Posted by ldi9999 View Post

- Now I understand the reason why "1" can't not be a toggle function. My question for you is: I do like the 3x8 view since I have big screen TV. Is it possible to set it as default?
    The only thing you could do right now is to have your link point to the Jukeboz3x8.rss vs Jukebox.rss. This will work fine however the 2x6 view will no longer be available since there are no way to go to that view from the 3x8 view. A minor change in both Jukebox.rss and Jukebox3x8.rss would make it possible so maybe I will had a option in the install script that will parse the code to the 2 Jukebox based on the user preferences???? Will see.

- What's the image size for the jukebox icon? I'm currently having two jukeboxs for Movies and Kids Movies. They all show with the default Harddrive (HDD) icon. How to change it by using my own icons?
    I am not really sure about the size of the file but you can look it up it's on the code that you need to change in the movie_jukebox.rss:

<item>
    <title>USB Jukebox</title>
    <link>rss_file:///tmp/usbmounts/sdb1/Movies/Jukebox.rss</link>
    <media:thumbnail url="Resource/bmp/IMAGE_DISPLAY_USB.bmp" width="144" height="144" />
    </item>

Change the media:thumbnail url to whatever graphic you want. The thumbnail currently used is in the /usr/local/bin/Resource/bmp/IMAGE_DISPLAY_USB.bmp. The width and height is determined by media:thumbnail properties.

- cgi-bin script is huge. If would be great to update the jukebox from TV screen menu instead of telnet.

Thanks again!
    Coming soon; unfortunately you will probably need a firmware that uses yaffs so that the cgi script can be installed on the tmp/www/cgi-bin/. It is not possible to write to that directory if squashfs filesystem is being used. Thank to aasoror however a lot of good yaffs firmware are available. I have another idea that might work that will be filesystem independant if it works .... I am not sure I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Enjoy your jukebox and don't be shy to report any wishes / bugs I'll see what I can do.

Snappy46

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    The only thing you could do right now is to have your link point to the Jukeboz3x8.rss vs Jukebox.rss. This will work fine however the 2x6 view will no longer be available since there are no way to go to that view from the 3x8 view. A minor change in both Jukebox.rss and Jukebox3x8.rss would make it possible so maybe I will had a option in the install script that will parse the code to the 2 Jukebox based on the user preferences???? Will see.

I will try to pint it to Jukebox3x8.rss. I don't think I will need to switch back to 2x6 anyway.

I am not really sure about the size of the file but you can look it up it's on the code that you need to change in the movie_jukebox.rss:

<item>
    <title>USB Jukebox</title>
    <link>rss_file:///tmp/usbmounts/sdb1/Movies/Jukebox.rss</link>
    <media:thumbnail url="Resource/bmp/IMAGE_DISPLAY_USB.bmp" width="144" height="144" />
    </item>

Change the media:thumbnail url to whatever graphic you want. The thumbnail currently used is in the /usr/local/bin/Resource/bmp/IMAGE_DISPLAY_USB.bmp. The width and height is determined by media:thumbnail properties.

144x144? But the icon looked like a rectangle to me . I will check more.

Coming soon; unfortunately you will probably need a firmware that uses yaffs so that the cgi script can be installed on the tmp/www/cgi-bin/. It is not possible to write to that directory if squashfs filesystem is being used. Thank to aasoror however a lot of good yaffs firmware are available. I have another idea that might work that will be filesystem independant if it works .... I am not sure I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

I'm currently using aasoror's B70R2(BCN). Thanks to aasoror!

Enjoy your jukebox and don't be shy to report any wishes / bugs I'll see what I can do.

Snappy46
    Thank you snaapy.

144x144? But the icon looked like a rectangle to me . I will check more.
    Yeah and my computer screen is square yet my resolution is 1280 x 1024 and yet my screen is square. Remember wide screen ratio is 16x9 not 16x16 hence 144x144 is a rectangle. Also the 144x144 is the width/height reserve on the screen for display not necessary the resolution of the image.

Yeah and my computer screen is square yet my resolution is 1280 x 1024 and yet my screen is square. Remember wide screen ratio is 16x9 not 16x16 hence 144x144 is a rectangle. Also the 144x144 is the width/height reserve on the screen for display not necessary the resolution of the image.
    One last question. Is there a way to make IMS the default menu when starting PBO?
    Thanks.

One last question. Is there a way to make IMS the default menu when starting PBO?
    Thanks.
    No! It's a function of the Dvdplayer app and source code is not available.

No! It's a function of the Dvdplayer app and source code is not available.
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing your next version with cgi-bin update.

Version 3.0 is now availble see first post for details. Automatic installation script finally available.

I am now working on the entry screen for the jukebox which will have genre included so that you can launch a specific jukebox genre specific. If you have any suggestion for the entry screen please feel free to voice them. I could use some of your ideas / comments.

Snappy.

Version 3.0 is now availble see first post for details. Automatic installation script finally available.

I am now working on the entry screen for the jukebox which will have genre included so that you can launch a specific jukebox genre specific. If you have any suggestion for the entry screen please feel free to voice them. I could use some of your ideas / comments.

Snappy.
    You are fast, snappy!

Just press '2' to update from anywhere? I guess you meant to press '2' inside jukebox menu, am I right? Thanks

You are fast, snappy!

Just press '2' to update from anywhere? I guess you meant to press '2' inside jukebox menu, am I right? Thanks
    Yeah that's right press "2" in the 2x6 or 3x8 view to update the jukebox. One of these days I will learn to be clear in my statements. Until then you guy's/gal's will just have to keep guessing.

Default Jukebox question....

Getting the jukebox up and running has been something that I've been wanting to do for a while now, but couldn't quite seem to find all the details I needed to get things off the ground. So yesterday and today I dug in and made some significant progress. I flashed my PBO with Beta.P70R2.Megapack, then telnet into the box and downloaded v3 of the simplex jukebox. So far so good! I then went to my Movies folder (which lives on my PC and is a network share). This had been previously used with XBMC so some formatting was required. I put all my movies into their own folder and created the folder.jpg and moviesheet for each movie (500 some odd of them) using Thumbgen. Again, so far so good. Now here is where it sorta comes off the rails. When I install the jukebox using:

/usr/local/etc/srjg/jukebox_update.sh -i -p /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies/ -t Movies

it cheerfully goes out and does it's thing.... but only returns around 280 of my 500 some movies. I have confirmed (individually) that each movie seems to be setup properly in it's folder so I'm unsure why this isn't working. If I launch the jukebox the movies that it did scrape show up perfectly (and it looks awesome!) but if I press the '2' to try an update from there I get a 404 Not Found error.

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated!!