Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple RSS Jukebox

Default Simple RSS Jukebox on a Computer

I have been happily using the SRJG for some time now on our PBO, with all of our movies on a NAS. However, I also sometimes access our movies on a laptop and I was wondering whether there was a simple way to access the jukebox through a web browser and use an app such as VLC to open whichever file/folder is selected. I hope this makes sense as I have very little familiarity with XML and coding in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ckalem View Post
    I have been happily using the SRJG for some time now on our PBO, with all of our movies on a NAS. However, I also sometimes access our movies on a laptop and I was wondering whether there was a simple way to access the jukebox through a web browser and use an app such as VLC to open whichever file/folder is selected. I hope this makes sense as I have very little familiarity with XML and coding in general.
    Actually there were some effort being made toward exactly what you are inquiring about but the new direction taken for the jukebox (next release will be using sqlite database vs xml files to store the movies) has put these effort on the back burner until the next version is released. There is actually an application that someone (mikka) put together that actually ran on the PBO and converted all those xml files into an HTML page. Once done the page was accessible (one page with all the thumbnails picture + title of the movies). The good news is that this could also be easily done even though the movie information is now store in a database vs xml. We are definitely looking into it since we thought that this might be something the users might like to be able to do. Your post just proved that. First we need to release the new version which still has a lot of loose ends + bugs.

Snappy.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    Actually there were some effort being made toward exactly what you are inquiring about but the new direction taken for the jukebox (next release will be using sqlite database vs xml files to store the movies) has put these effort on the back burner until the next version is released. There is actually an application that someone (mikka) put together that actually ran on the PBO and converted all those xml files into an HTML page. Once done the page was accessible (one page with all the thumbnails picture + title of the movies). The good news is that this could also be easily done even though the movie information is now store in a database vs xml. We are definitely looking into it since we thought that this might be something the users might like to be able to do. Your post just proved that. First we need to release the new version which still has a lot of loose ends + bugs.

Snappy.
    Thank you for the update. I really appreciate the time and effort you and others have put into this.

Sorry for the bump, I am new to PBO. First I want to say thanks for the script, I am able to mount my nfs HDD. However it won't mount on boot, I did get it to work once on boot, not sure why, but only once. As I said, the script works after boot is complete, with about 60 sec of lag from execution until the drive is mounted. This is OK for me but not my family....Any help is greatly appreciated.

For those that might be interested here's the link to the SRJG project: http://code.google.com/p/srjg/ . This for your information only; once release SRJG will come with some kind of installation script for the PBO.

Cheers !!!
    Last edited by snappy46; 01-30-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Can we have any information how close the end of the project is ?

Quote Originally Posted by neis1 View Post
    Can we have any information how close the end of the project is ?
    Since there are only three people working on the project and all of us are doing it during our spare time it's a little hard to tell. You can always just download the existing trunk and use it if you want but there are still some bugs and futher improvement to be made.

Cheers !!!

Thank you, but how can i download it ?

For those that might be interested here's a preview of the soon to be released SRJG Version 6 for your viewing pleasure.

http://youtu.be/1qjapUIsEiE

Snappy46

Hey Snappy it's looking really good. Any word on it handling TV shows?