Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple RSS Jukebox

A new version of the Simple RSS Jukebox is available at this link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/srjgv2.zip

See the first post for details / Change Log.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    A new version of the Simple RSS Jukebox is available at this link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/srjgv2.zip

See the first post for details / Change Log.

Enjoy!
    Great work snappy,
    And chance of getting a windows compatible version ?
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    Great work snappy,
    And chance of getting a windows compatible version ?
    Windows ????? What is that ????? I got a lot of them at my house but that's about all ....

I am not really sure what you are asking; are you talking about a program like tixvie2playonHD that would update the jukebox.xml file on the player from a PC???

My whole idea behind this new jukebox was to steer away from the PC and do the update using solely the PBO; hopefully soon right from the jukebox rss itself using the TV screen.

I suppose this could be done by launching the jukebox_update.sh on the PBO from the PC ..... or updating the jukebox.xml file directly from the PC. I guess that would not be too hard to do as long as I can keep the path to the files proper. This could probably be easy to do using Visual Studio or QT4 designer but it has been a long long ... long time since I did any type of programming in windows.

I don't know aasoror; this might be a lot easier for someone who currently is doing programming on a window machine.

Can you confirm that I understood correctly what you meant.

Thanks.

I am not really sure what you are asking; are you talking about a program like tixvie2playonHD that would update the jukebox.xml file on the player from a PC???
    Exactly.

My point is, a very big advantage of your script is that it needs next to no configuration parameters to execute, and given that there is lots of PBO users who relies on the PBO as a network streamer so the media lies on the network and is most probably accessible from a windows machine so there is no need for them to even use telnet (which might be cumbersome of some).

So I am thinking as you have pointed of a hugely stripped down version of tvixie2playon with a couple of txt fields for the parameters and a single "Run" button.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Exactly.

My point is, a very big advantage of your script is that it needs next to no configuration parameters to execute, and given that there is lots of PBO users who relies on the PBO as a network streamer so the media lies on the network and is most probably accessible from a windows machine so there is no need for them to even use telnet (which might be cumbersome of some).

So I am thinking as you have pointed of a hugely stripped down version of tvixie2playon with a couple of txt fields for the parameters and a single "Run" button.
    Sounds simple enough however the actual path for the movie/moviesheet/thumbnail is really what my big concern is with regards to that. I already been thinking since I use sheetmaker (linux counterpart of thumbgen) to create my moviesheet, folder.jpg etc .... to try to had a button on the application to update the jukebox kind of a one stop solution. If I decide to do that then an export to window should be fairly easy. By the way sheetmaker is actually written using perl hence it should run on any platform as long as you have a perl interpreter installed on your O/S.

On to something else I am able to update my jukebox using the TV Screen without any problem .... well kind of; unfortunately it seem as if the PBO rss interpreter would like to have something return from the cgi call but I haven't figure out exately what it is yet. Long story short is causes an error message to pop up on the PBO saying that the connection was close or something like that once the cgi script terminates. Just pressing enter to confirm the error message make the pop up dissapear but I do not like this misbehaviour. Once I can solve the issue with the pop up screen I will release the new version. I must admit I have no idea what to send back from the cgi script to stop the PBO from issuing that pop up error screen. If anyone has any ideas please be kind enough to share it with me.

Cheers !!!

Your command should look like this (move the quote "" to enclose the whole statement in the -p (directory option):

/usr/local/etc/srjg/jukebox_update.sh -i -p "/tmp/ramfs/volumes/Kids Movies/" -t "Kids Movies" -f "sample,2 ch,trailer"

If that still do not work then you have found a bug that I tought I fix which is it does not like space in the directory parameter. If it does not affect anything else then I would rename your directory Kids_Movies vs Kids Movies. The space in the title is ok with the space in it; that is the exact name that I use for my jukebox.
    Tried new way and did not work. Looks like it's a bug. I had to change the mount from "Kids Movies" to KidsMovies.

I guess there is another bug: When it goes to the jukebox, the jukebox icon is still showing and covered the 1st thumb. I had to press right button to move to next thumb to clear it. And you can still see the portion of jukebox image in the area between 1st and 2nd thumb (gap/space between them).

Another thought, is it hard to make the "1" key a toggle key to switch betwen the two views?

Thanks for the great work!
    Last edited by ldi9999; 04-25-2011 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldi9999 View Post
    Tried new way and did not work. Looks like it's a bug. I had to change the mount from "Kids Movies" to KidsMovies.

I guess there is another bug: When it goes to the jukebox, the jukebox icon is still showing and covered the 1st thumb. I had to press right button to move to next thumb to clear it. And you can still see the portion of jukebox image in the area between 1st and 2nd thumb (gap/space between them).

Another thought, is it hard to make the "1" key a toggle key to switch betwen the two views?

Thanks for the great work!
    Thanks for reporting the space bug I thought I took care of that. The problem related to the jukebox icon is actually related to the Movie_jukebox feed in Improved P61 IMS. I completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me I remove the bad line when I was working on the jukebox and forgot to update the Movie_jukebox on the P61 improve IMS. The problem can also be fixed on the jukebox itself it just need a redrawDisplay(); I have to look back at the movie_jukebox.rss I think it was a mediathumbnail or drawing that should not be there.

The problem with using the 1 key to switch back and forth between the 2 views is caused by the rss feed stack. This is how I had it setup originally; I also made it so the view would return to the same highlited thumbnail on the two views; So why did I change that .... here's the explanation:

When an rss feeds calls up another rss feed which in turn may call that same feed that called it this can become a mess real quick. An example of that is for example the movie jukebox with 2 different views (2x6) and (3x8); now when the jukebox is switch on it for example go to the (2x6 view) view which has an option to go to the (3x8 view) which has also an option to go to the (2x6 view) so now we could possibly have on stack:

menu.rss-->main jukebox.rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss-->jukebox(3x8).rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss

Now if I want to get out I have to press the Return key three times:
    1 click: menu.rss-->main jukebox.rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss-->jukebox(3x8).rss
    2 click: menu.rss-->main jukebox.rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss
    3 click: menu.rss-->main jukebox.rss

What I would like to be able to do is to remove rss feed from the stack so that when I go back to the 2x6 view from the 3x8 view the stack now look like this:

menu.rss-->main jukebox.rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss

instead of that: menu.rss-->main jukebox.rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss-->jukebox(3x8).rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss

I did try to call menu.rss directly to exit either view but that just make things worse the stack now look like this:

menu.rss-->main jukebox.rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss-->jukebox(3x8).rss-->jukebox(2x6).rss-->menu.rss

Guess how many click it takes to get out of the IMS feeds now ???? Yeah you got it 5 clicks. That behaviour forces me to have the options to switch to another view in only one of the views and pressing return brings back the previous view and everything is good. This however also means that only one of the view can be used as a default (The one containing the link to the other view).

End of the explanation.

If I ever find a way to reset the rss feed stack then I should be able to create what you are asking and have a configuration file where the user can select which view he would like to have as a default. Until I figure this out pressing the return key to go back to the 2x6 view is the way to go.

I finally have the jukebox working properly with the cgi-bin script hence it can now be updated from the jukebox rss itself using the TV screen.

New version should be out soon once I clean up the code and took care of some of the bugs.

I will report back on the required changes on the movie_jukebox.rss once I have some deeply needed beauty sleep to take care of first.... it's 3:00 AM here right now.

Cheers !!!
    Last edited by snappy46; 04-25-2011 at 07:14 AM.

If that still do not work then you have found a bug that I tought I fix which is it does not like space in the directory parameter.
    Shouldn't /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Kids\ Movies/ work ?

Shouldn't /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Kids\ Movies/ work ?
    Yeah this might work but I am not sure I think I tried that when I first discover the problem and it did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by ldi9999
    You need to change the item in the movie_jukebox.rss file from this:

<item>
    <title>USB Jukebox</title>
    <link>rss_file:///tmp/usbmounts/sdb1/Movies/Jukebox.rss</link>
    <media:thumbnail url="Resource/bmp/IMAGE_DISPLAY_USB.bmp" width="144" height="144" />
    <mediaDisplay>
    <image offsetXPC="7.8" offsetYPC="14" widthPC="22.5" heightPC="20.5">/usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/image/main_menu_item_jukebox.png</image>
    </mediaDisplay>
    </item>

to this:

<item>
    <title>USB Jukebox</title>
    <link>rss_file:///tmp/usbmounts/sdb1/Movies/Jukebox.rss</link>
    <media:thumbnail url="Resource/bmp/IMAGE_DISPLAY_USB.bmp" width="144" height="144" />
    </item>

Basically remove anything in the <mediaDisplay> tag including the tag itself inside every <item> tags; any command/tag inside the </item> are actually executed at the specify link (the rss feed being called) not the current one hence it should not be there. Some left over from my experiment; I updated the P61_IMS_V1 to reflect the changes.

Thank you for reporting.

Cheers !!!
    Last edited by snappy46; 04-25-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Thank you snappy46 for the great work and detailed explanation!

- Now I understand the reason why "1" can't not be a toggle function. My question for you is: I do like the 3x8 view since I have big screen TV. Is it possible to set it as default?
    - You did not mention the issue on jukebox icon overlay with thumb view. Is this going to be fixed?
    Edit. Sorry, just saw your reply.
    - What's the image size for the jukebox icon? I'm currently having two jukeboxs for Movies and Kids Movies. They all show with the default Harddrive (HDD) icon. How to change it by using my own icons?
    - cgi-bin script is huge. If would be great to update the jukebox from TV screen menu instead of telnet.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by ldi9999; 04-25-2011 at 04:46 PM.