Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple RSS Jukebox

Default Simple RSS Jukebox

UPDATE: 25 Mar 13

Version 6 Rev 144

To install the jukebox telnet to your player and issue the following commands:

Code:
    # cd /tmp && wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/srjg_V6R144_install.sh && sh srjg_V6R144_install.sh
    Once installation is complete you will need to add a link to the Movie Jukebox from your menu.rss. See documentation on SRJG 4.0 to see how to do that; the link needs to point to /usr/local/etc/srjg/SrjgMainMenu.rss. You will also need to change the configuration to suit your needs either using the TV menu config or by editing the /usr/local/etc/srjg.cfg file.

Enjoy!!!

UPDATE:

Version 4.1

Code:
    # cd /tmp && wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/jbinstall.sh && sh jbinstall.sh
    Only changes to the scripts shell/cgi hence they are no need to run the jukebox_update unless you want all your movies included (See change log).

Change log:

Version 4.1

- MovieName.jpg and MovieName_sheet.jpg are now detected as proper thumbnails and moviesheets respectively.
    - Option -a no longer exist and all movies no matter whether they have a proper thumbnail or moviesheet will be included in the jukebox. Generic thumbnail and moviesheet will be selected for those ones.
    - Option -d also been removed since all the movie are now added to the jukebox.

Version 4.0

Code:
    # cd /tmp && wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/jbinstall.sh && sh jbinstall.sh
    Full Documentation available here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/Sim...0Generator.pdf

I highly recommend that you read thru it before you start to install.

Video showing installation + jukebox update available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xRDBusisw

Movie Genre compatible with SRJG available here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/pic...srjg_genre.zip

Change log:

Version 4.0

- Added Main Menu to the Jukebox to select the various movies genres.
    - The -t (title) option has been removed since the title is now taken from the directory name.
    - Fix the error when a space is in the directory name
    - Documentation now available.
    - Only one Jukebox.rss and Jukebox3x8.rss is used; Jukebox.rss and Jukebox3x8.rss in the movie directory can be deleted.
    - Item for the Main Menu are parsed using the genre.jpg file (See documentation for details)
    - Added the -d option which will display the movies not being added.
    - Clean up some of the code and optimized some of the function to speed up things

Version 3.1

Code:
    Only somes changes to the shell and cgi scripts; there are no requirement to reinstall jukebox; the new scripts will be used the next time you update your jukebox.

Change log:

Version 3.1

- Added the mov extension when searching for movies.
    - Fix issues with the counts of the movies not being added
    - Fix the parsing of the arguments
    - Clean up some of the code

Version 3.0

- Jukebox can now be updated from the TV screen by pressing the number "2" on the remote while on the 2x6 or 3x8 jukebox view.
    - During jukebox update; scripts now look for a filter.conf to use as a filter unless a -f option is specified. It will also used that file during the jukebox update done using the TV screen menu. (See instruction below).
    - Changes in the controls descriptive menu.
    - Automatic installation script now available.
    - Fixed the thumbnails (duplicate) at the end of the jukebox not being updated properly.

Version 2.0:
    - Movies can now be played directly from the thumbnail view by pressing the play button.
    - New 3x8 thumbnail view available by pressing "1" on the remote control (See picture link below)
    - Descriptive menu for controls has been added

Known Bugs:
    - Jukebox_update scripts (sh/cgi-bin) can not handle directory with spaces in them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
    This installation script will take care of the installation on both type of filesystems yaffs and squashfs making sure that all the proper overmount are performed on a squashfs filesystem. That being said if you are using squashfs filesystem you will need a way to access the jukebox from the IMS Menu. In other words you will need to overmount your /usr/local/bin/scripts/ directory somewhere that is writable. I suggest you try this link: http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...IMS-(P61-P70R2) if you do not have a aasoror custom firmware installed. This will allow you to modify the proper files (menu.rss or movie_jukebox.rss) to access the jukebox from the IMS Menu.

For the new version to be available just run /usr/local/etc/srjg/jukebox_update with the -i option + the other options of course and the new jukebox (jukebox.rss & jukebox.xml) will get installed.

Also when you update the jukebox using the TV screen menu you must leave the jukebox feed (press return) and enter it again for the changes caused by the update to show up.

Here's more stuff you should read; hopefully I will have full documentation soon.

The filter.conf file have to reside in the /usr/local/etc/srjg/ directory. It is just a straight text file where you insert the text that was entered under the -f option in previous versions. This file basically replace the -f options of the command line and follow the same syntax as the -f option except that the quotes are no longer necessary if there is a space in a word. Just as an example here's the content of mine: sample,trailer,2 ch,cd2 (Still need the comma's to separate the items); I just used vi to create the file. The -f option still exist and will superceded the filter.conf file when used except when the jukebox update is done using the TV Screen menu where the filter.conf file if it exist will always be used.

Enjoy!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Version 2.0 is now available at this link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/srjgv2.zip

You MUST run the jukebox_update.sh command with the -i option for the new jukebox to show up; without the -i only the jukebox.xml containing your movies will get updated.

Change logs:

Version 2.0:
    - Movies can now be played directly from the thumbnail view by pressing the play button.
    - New 3x8 thumbnail view available by pressing "1" on the remote control (See picture link below)
    - Descriptive menu for controls has been added

Known Bugs:
    - Thumbnails at the end of the jukebox do not get updated correctly will show twice. I got rid of that problem by doing a redrawDisplay for those last few thumbnails but it made the navigation on those last thumbnails sluggish so I decided to remove that command until I can find a better solution.

New 3x8 view = http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/SAM_0236.JPG

Installations:

Still no installation script but I recommend the following step for installation:

Telnet to the PBO:

Code:
    # cd /tmp
    # wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15169815/srjgv2.zip
    # unzip -o /tmp/srjgv2.zip -d /usr/local/etc/
    That's it the new version will be available just run /usr/local/etc/srjg/jukebox_update with the -i option + the other options of course and the new jukebox will get installed.

Currently working on the procedure to update the jukebox from the screen menu. I am having a little bit of issues but I think I am almost there. So hopefully this option will be available soon.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a linux script that create/update a rss based jukebox for your media player. To install just extract the srjg directory to your /usr/local/etc directory on the player. It is very important that all the files resides on the /usr/local/etc/srjg/ to work properly. This is still work in progress ... sorry no automatic installation script yet. I have been using this little script for about a month now and meant to do a lot more error checking before releasing it but the way things have been going I just haven't had the time so I decided to release it now so that other people can make use of it right away. As such I do not recommend this jukebox creator for anyone that have no idea how to telnet or does not know a little bit about linux.

First of all you should know that this is just a simple rss jukebox and as such does not have the full capability offered by tvixie2playon jukebox. This script create a simple jukebox view (moviewall) / moviesheetview and that's all. You can create as many jukeboxes as you want however on various directory. Basically this script will create a Jukebox.rss and a jukebox.xml file on you movies directory that you specify on the command line. To learn more about all the various command line options just read the script or type /usr/local/etc/srjg/jukebox_update.sh -h for help. Here's a typical command line with option to create a jukebox.

Credit for this jukebox also goes to:
    mikka: The original script developer that planted the seed in my head.
    and OoD : Borrowed a lot of the codes from tixive2palyonHD rss feed

Cheers!!!!
    Last edited by snappy46; 03-26-2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: New Version Anvailable

Excellent work Snappy.
    Thanks for sharing.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    For help with that see this link: http://tinyurl.com/3ox4q6j

You will find anything you need right there.
    In your simple jukebox, you stated:

There are currently two entries in the Jukebox interface of the improved IMS; one for HDD and one for USB as follows:
    /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/Movies/Jukebox/category.rss

If your jukebox reside somewhere else you can edit:
    /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss
    with the proper link or you could use add a jukebox option and create a new entry.

Say if i mounted NAS share to
    /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies

In Movie_Jukebox.rss, should I change
    to
    /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies/jukebox.rss

I do not see category.rss anywhere.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ldi9999 View Post

There are currently two entries in the Jukebox interface of the improved IMS; one for HDD and one for USB as follows:

with the proper link or you could use add a jukebox option and create a new entry.

to

Thanks.
    Wierd. I made change in the /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss but PBO is still using the previous version. It does the same even after reboot. Is there a copy somewhere else?

Is there a copy somewhere else?
    /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/scripts/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss

to

Thanks.
    There are no category.rss with my simple jukebox; you are correct link to /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies/jukebox.rss. You can expect a new simple jukebox version probably out this weekend ..... I am almost done with version 2.
    Last edited by snappy46; 04-22-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Wierd. I made change in the /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss but PBO is still using the previous version. It does the same even after reboot. Is there a copy somewhere else?
    As jrbilodeau mentionned as soon as you use the add jukebox options it will create the "/usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss" (that should actually be the path for you) and use that one instead of the one in the /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/Movie_Jukebox/. You have two options here you can just delete the one on the /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss/Movie_Jukebox.rss now it will use the one on the /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss or you can also edit the /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/savedrss/usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/Movie_Jukebox/Movie_Jukebox.rss. If you have not put anything useful (using the add jukebox) option then I suggest you just delete the one in the savedrss directory.

Cheers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    There are no category.rss with my simple jukebox; you are correct link to /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies/jukebox.rss. You can expect a new simple jukebox version probably out this weekend ..... I am almost done with version 2.
    Can't wait to version 2. Thanks!

I have two folders Movies & Kids Movies. I mounted them separately under /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies & /tmp/ramfs/volumes/"Kids Movies" successfully. I am able to browse both folders.

I set up the jukebox exactly the same way for both folders ( with quotes on Kis Movies). Movie folder works find but not Kid Movies.
    Here is the message I got:

/ # /usr/local/etc/srjg/jukebox_update.sh -i -p /tmp/ramfs/volumes/"Kids Movies"/ -t "Kids Movies" -f "sample,2 ch,trailer"

[: Movies/: unknown operand
    Generating and copying Jukebox.rss file
    sed: bad format in substitution expression
    Searching for movies..
    0 movies have not been included in the jukebox because they did not have any Th
    umbnails
    or Moviesheets in their directory.
    Sorting movies..
    Found 56 movies
    Generating RSS header..
    Indexing movies..
    Generating RSS footer..

Done!
    / #

The Jukebox.rss is empty (0 bytes).
    What was wrong? Thanks

I have two folders Movies & Kids Movies. I mounted them separately under /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies & /tmp/ramfs/volumes/"Kids Movies" successfully. I am able to browse both folders.

I set up the jukebox exactly the same way for both folders ( with quotes on Kis Movies). Movie folder works find but not Kid Movies.
    Here is the message I got:

/ # /usr/local/etc/srjg/jukebox_update.sh -i -p /tmp/ramfs/volumes/"Kids Movies"/ -t "Kids Movies" -f "sample,2 ch,trailer"

[: Movies/: unknown operand
    Generating and copying Jukebox.rss file
    sed: bad format in substitution expression
    Searching for movies..
    0 movies have not been included in the jukebox because they did not have any Th
    umbnails
    or Moviesheets in their directory.
    Sorting movies..
    Found 56 movies
    Generating RSS header..
    Indexing movies..
    Generating RSS footer..

Done!
    / #

The Jukebox.rss is empty (0 bytes).
    What was wrong? Thanks
    Your command should look like this (move the quote "" to enclose the whole statement in the -p (directory option):

/usr/local/etc/srjg/jukebox_update.sh -i -p "/tmp/ramfs/volumes/Kids Movies/" -t "Kids Movies" -f "sample,2 ch,trailer"

If that still do not work then you have found a bug that I tought I fix which is it does not like space in the directory parameter. If it does not affect anything else then I would rename your directory Kids_Movies vs Kids Movies. The space in the title is ok with the space in it; that is the exact name that I use for my jukebox.