Thread: How to factory reset...when you can't log in to GUI.

Default How to factory reset...when you can't log in to GUI.

How do you reset the password/log in when you can't log in to the GUI? I can't find an external button/slot to do this.

Hello,

Try removing the hard drives, and use the default username & login: 'admin,' 'admin.'

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Hello,

Try removing the hard drives, and use the default username & login: 'admin,' 'admin.'
    Wow. Don't know how I missed this reply last time this came up. Sorry, may be a different issue than before.

With no hard drives, the unit does not boot up. Just blinks the blue light.

Is there a hidden 'hard' reset button? All I want to do is reset the NAS username & password to get back into the GUI. All public shares are accessible but have lost passwords for NAS & admin share.
    Last edited by lunghd; 09-19-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Ok - I managed to get the )(&$% thing to let me log in. Removing the drives and/or shutting it down may have cleared up whatever was happening... although it did not do so at first. I can now access the GUI but for next time... and for the others who have asked this: Is there a reset button hidden on this thing that will allow us to default to the OEM set up without wiping data?

Also, is it possible to swap these drives into another NAS to access the data? This NAS is discontinued & seems to have an intermittent issue so it seems best to get another one - if only to recover the data.
    Last edited by lunghd; 09-19-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks for sharing useful information.