Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Improved IMS (P61, P70R2)

Perhaps it is not related to the firmware being y or s format, but the rewritability of files in the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Perhaps it is not related to the firmware being y or s format, but the rewritability of files in the firmware.
    Thanks for your reply, now I've got what do you mean. So, then I have to play a bit more with my existing firmware

Default cannot change the username for metafeeds favorites

Hi all,

I am a beginner with linux commands. I now only basics. On the first page I use the link to upgrade the IMS so that i can get metafeeds. I register on metafeed. When I use the link to change the UserName to my login username on metafeed so that I can get acces to favorites nothing happend. I paste the link # sed -i "s/USERNAME/YourUserName/g" /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/scripts/menu.rss I have change YourUserName to my login name on metafeeds and press enter but nothing happened.

Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by outofmoney View Post
    Hi all,
    I am a beginner with linux commands. I now only basics. On the first page I use the link to upgrade the IMS so that i can get metafeeds. I register on metafeed. When I use the link to change the UserName to my login username on metafeed so that I can get acces to favorites nothing happend. I paste the link # sed -i "s/USERNAME/YourUserName/g" /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/scripts/menu.rss I have change YourUserName to my login name on metafeeds and press enter but nothing happened.

Please help.
    Hello,
    Please specify which firmware you are using - official P70R2 ?
    I assume that you had successfully installed Snappy46's IMPROVED IMS script via terminal (telnet to your PBO)
    If you'd like to use metafeeds user' favorites you need to edit /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/scripts/menu.rss (I prefer using vi commands, you could find basic info in google) and change the fav_USERNAME to fav_yourusername (don't delete fav_ )
    You can also use mentioned on the 1st page command : sed -i "s/USERNAME/YourUserName/g" /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/scripts/menu.rss
    If you replace YourUserName with your metafeeds registered username then should be OK
    Did you telnet sed command to your PBO ?
    Sorry for stupid questions, but sometimes solution is very simple
    Last edited by jurijz; 05-22-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Hello, first of all my fw is P0020BC18-61 from this code I think that I have the last official firmware P6.1
    I try to enter the code but after I tab enter nothing appear..I made a screen shot of the situation

I try to understand the commands and use google but this is nothing for me, realy
    according to this information could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Or could you write the code sentence for me - how to change the fav_USERNAME to fav_outofmoney? Outofmoney is my username on metafeeds.

You will make my day great thanks

Quote Originally Posted by outofmoney View Post
    Hello, first of all my fw is P0020BC18-61 from this code I think that I have the last official firmware P6.1
    I try to enter the code but after I tab enter nothing appear..I made a screen shot of the situation

I try to understand the commands and use google but this is nothing for me, realy
    according to this information could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Or could you write the code sentence for me - how to change the fav_USERNAME to fav_outofmoney? Outofmoney is my username on metafeeds.

You will make my day great thanks
    Open terminal, telnet to your PBO's IP address, then enter the following code :
    sed -i "s/USERNAME/outofmoney/g" /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/scripts/menu.rss

If it does change nothing, then enter the code :
    vi /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/scripts/menu.rss

using arrows(lef/right/up/down) find the entry <!--Metafeeds Favorites-->
    under this line you have to find the line :
    <link>http://www.metafeeds.com/channel/fav_USERNAME/rss</link>
    navigate to fav_USERNAME, hit the button "I" or "Insert" and change USERNAME to outofmoney, then hit ESC and write down the command ":wq!" (without quotes)

Then check if changes have been applied (just in case). Enter the code :
    cat /usr/local/etc/P61_IMS_V1/scripts/menu.rss
    Find the same line which was edited by you before - now fav_USERNAME should be changed to fav_outofmoney
    Now you should be able to use Metafeeds Favourites in the main menu
    Last edited by jurijz; 05-27-2012 at 06:19 PM.

thank you very mutch for your support and time
    its fully working, great

Hi guys,

For the last few months I was not using the PBO frequently and when I did, I was just accessing the home network, which was working fine. I had hardly used IMS or youtube features. I tried the IMS and youtube recently and both do not seem to work.

I have the following bootcode:
    P020BC18=70R2
    and no internal hard drive.

I want to know if I still can get the IMS services and youtube. If so how can I get it?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Without these, the box would only be a brick for me now.

Thanks,
    rookie

OK, I started from the beginning of this thread. When I try to run the script, it says no space left on device. Basically it was not able to download the P61_IMS_V1.zip file. It has been mentioned in the thread that I do not need an internal HDD. Why have I run out of space? Where can I do a cleanup?

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    OK, I started from the beginning of this thread. When I try to run the script, it says no space left on device. Basically it was not able to download the P61_IMS_V1.zip file. It has been mentioned in the thread that I do not need an internal HDD. Why have I run out of space? Where can I do a cleanup?
    This is a very outdated post and YouTube is not working anymore with this script; I recommend that you look for an alternate non-official firmware which will give you a little more mileage for your trouble; google PBO wiki.

Cheers!!!!