Thread: PBO browser questions

Default PBO browser questions

I am using a recent purchase box with no firmware update (haven't seen a need so far) and wonder if someone can advise on a few things.

1) when it starts it always is at HDD, is there a way to get it to start at USB? Just lazy!

2) I use a USB attached hard drive for my content and notice it displays a couple of recycle folders which is annoying. Can these be hidden? I would just like to see 2 folders "Movies" and "TV Shows"

3) Is there a way to increase the size of the menu? We have a 42" TV and sit about 12 ft away and my poor old eyes can hardly read the titles without a lot of squinting

Regarding 1) above if I stick a HD in the box can I then just take the box using the USB cable included plugged into the back and then my PC to move content to the internal drive? A network cable isn't convenient where it is located.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Quote Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
    1) when it starts it always is at HDD, is there a way to get it to start at USB? Just lazy!
    nope
    2) I use a USB attached hard drive for my content and notice it displays a couple of recycle folders which is annoying. Can these be hidden? I would just like to see 2 folders "Movies" and "TV Shows"
    nope
    3) Is there a way to increase the size of the menu? We have a 42" TV and sit about 12 ft away and my poor old eyes can hardly read the titles without a lot of squinting
    nope
    Regarding 1) above if I stick a HD in the box can I then just take the box using the USB cable included plugged into the back and then my PC to move content to the internal drive?
    Yes
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO