Thread: Remote control conflict

Default Remote control conflict

I am stuck turning off the PBO by the back switch which is a PITA.

I am with Cogeco cable in Niagara, Ontario area and my TV remote regardless of what buttons are pressed when watching TV turns the PBO on. Interesting thing is about a year ago I bought an Asus Oplay and it had the same problem. I returned it because most of the movie files I had wouldn't play, so far the PBO has played everything I have tried so it's a keeper.

Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow reprogram the box and remote so it doesn't conflict with my TV remote or am I stuck doing a hard turnoff all the time?

If I just leave it on I assume it will generate heat and constant access my hard drive which I leave connected.

Quote Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow reprogram the box and remote so it doesn't conflict with my TV remote or am I stuck doing a hard turnoff all the time?
    Nope you can't, this needs to come from patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
    If I just leave it on I assume it will generate heat and constant access my hard drive which I leave connected.
    Dont leave it on, but it in standby and just place the PBO remote in front of the PBO IR sensor when not in use.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Sorry, no real solution here but another workaround if you do have to leave the PBO on is to get one of those power saving power bars that shut off the outlets when the master device is turned off. In this case, you would plug the TV into the master and whenever you turn it on or off, the PBO will do the same.